Chapter 14

Author Note: So here it is. The final chapter of "Firsts". It's been fun writing this fan fiction over the last year. Wasn't sure if I was going to finish by the end of the Wattys deadline, but I made it. Nothing like a good deadline to motivate. I hope you enjoy the ending. Let me know what you think in the comments. Plus, I'll be starting a new contemporary romance soon. I've had an idea brewing for awhile, and I'm ready to start work on it. Follow to get all the updates sent to you. Take care, and thanks for reading. -Marilyn

Chapter 14

JOON-PYU

"You've got to tell her how you feel, Joon-Pyu?" Ji-Hoo let go of my fist and I lowered it to my side. "Or you're going to have to make a choice."

I turned to him. "Which is?"

His eyes narrowed as he spoke. "Jan-Di or Tiffany."

"How can I choose?"

"You've got to."

I put my hand to my forehead. "How did this happen. How did I fall in love with two women?"

"They'd have to be some kind of women, Joon-Pyu."

I looked at him. I felt the tears welling in my eyes. "I can't do it. I love them both."

Just as I spoke, the door flew open. Tiffany stormed in followed by Yi-Jung. Her skirts swirled around her as she put her hands on her hips. The clicking of her heels on the entrance tiles sounded like the ticking of a bomb. She stood in front of me. Ji-Hoo had the sense to get out of her way in time before her wrath exploded at me. "How come you didn't tell me she was your fiancée?"

Everyone's eyes turned to me. "I tried. At the restaurant. But we were interrupted."

"That's not the point." Her breath puffed at me as she neared my face. Eye to eye she said slowly, "You could have told me at the resort."

"I did. That I was involved with someone else."

"But you didn't say how much. There is a difference between a girlfriend and a fiancée." She took a deep breath. "So which of us is it?"

"What do you mean?" I tried to distract her by placing my hands on her hips.

She rocked against my touch, and clamped her hands onto my arms. I was locked in her embrace. "Her or me, Joon-Pyu. You're going to have to figure which you want more."

"And if I can't decide?"

She stared at me. "It's over."

I took a deep breath. "I can't."

"Then I will for you. We're done." She turned and blew out the door like a fierce wind.

The others looked at me. "What are you staring at?" I shouted. They all had the decency to turn or look away. I didn't want them to see me cry. I ran to the bedroom and let out a yell of my rage. I swore in English and Korean. I pounded the wall, and made a proper dent. Damn the hotel bill. It was over. And it was a first. A woman had dumped me. And I hated myself for letting myself fall this much for her. 

The agony ripped through my soul, and I cried more than I have in a long time. It was over between us. 

***

THREE YEARS LATER

JOON-PYU

I'd received the tickets at my cooperate office. Jan-Di was thrilled to be going to see the pop star Tiffany Smith. I was reluctant to use the backstage passes, but Jan-Di wanted so much to meet Tiffany, I couldn't refuse her. That's how I found myself being escorted backstage by a security guard, Jan-Di by my side as my wife.

We were shown to a green room backstage. The security guard put his hand to his ear, listening to the communication from the device there. He turned to us and said, "Tiffany said she'll be out in a moment. She wanted to see you both before the show. She'll be with you shortly." He bowed and left the room.

"You think she'll remember you much?" Jan-Di's smile lit up her face.

"I'm not sure. We knew each other only briefly in New York. There were some parties, and she met all of F4. I'm guessing from the tickets she sent, she must remember something."

I hadn't told Jan-Di anything except there was a passing acquaintance between Tiffany and myself. I knew the full truth would hurt her. It was a first to keep it all from her, but I knew being involved with another woman might hurt her too much. It was a secret I had to keep from Jan-Di. Another first that Tiffany seemed to inspire again and again.

The opposite door opened, and Tiffany entered the room. She was dressed in a multi-colored metallic mini-skirt, matching jacket and black bustier. It must have been her opening number outfit. Her red lips licked together and she smiled. My heart jumped out of its chest at the sight of her. Any man could loose himself looking at her like this. I'd forgotten her affect on me. Maybe she'd planned it that way.

She walked over to Jan-Di, and put out her hand. "You must be Jan-Di." To Jan-Di's credit, she shook Tiffany's hand in the western welcome as Tiffany shook back. "It's nice to finally meet you."

Jan-Di gushed. "Joon-Pyu said he'd met a pop star in New York, but I had no idea it was you until the tickets arrived."

Tiffany smirked. "And here I thought I was hard to forget."

Jan-Di didn't react to the joke. She was too excited to meet Tiffany. "I love your new album Tiffany. It's very good." Her English held up to her emotions. "I've listened to it over and over."

"I'm glad you like it. Joon-Pyu might have helped inspire some of the songs."

"OMG! Which ones?" Jan-Di clapped excited.

She turned to me and winked. "I'll let him try to figure it out. When we first met, it was already the makings of a song." I saw her take a deep breath, feeling the anguish radiate from her. My breathing shuttered, and she noticed. She continued, "It's been a long time, Joon-Pyu."

"Yes, it has." We stared at each other for a moment. I felt the pull between us, and then Jan-Di squeezed my hand.

There was a knock at the door, and a woman came in with a clipboard. "It's time Tiffany."

Tiffany smiled at us both. "Well, I'm glad you both could make it." As she walked past she slowed to whisper in my ear, "It's the song 'Firsts'. I wrote it for us."

At that, I watched her turn back to us and say. "I hope you enjoy the show. I came to Korea because of you, Joon-Pyu. I wanted to come back to perform for you and Jan-Di tonight. So, I hope you enjoy yourself. It will be a first." She winked and was gone.

I let out my breath I didn't realize I was holding. Jan-Di shook my hand. I hadn't noticed she was still holding it. "What did she whisper to you Joon-Pyu?"

I kept looking at the door, smelling Tiffany's scent of roses still in the air. "Good-bye."

***End of "Firsts"***

****Please remember to VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE: It's greatly appreciated!*******

Thank you for stopping by. More awesome romances to come your way. Please FOLLOW ME to find out about new works in progress.

Pinterest Board Link: http://www.pinterest.com/marilynvix/saving-my-heart-new-adult-romance/

For information about me and what's going on and other writing projects:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marilyn.vix

Website: http://marilynvix.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarilynVix