2 - Believe

Tink lead Peter to a small village. All it has was wooden cottages with roofs made out of damp mud and logs.

Peter landed swiftly on the ground whilst Tink hovered next to him, slightly jingling.

Peter began walking through the town, waving at some villagers and saying 'Hi' and 'How are you?'. Nobody was answering him, or even looking at him.

He frowned a little, his big smile slipping off of his face.

He crouched down to a kid and whispered, "Hey... Do you know why they can't see me?"

The kid laughed, "Let's go!" He brought a toy aeroplane up in the air and stood up, running round and round, pretending the plane was flying.

The kid finally broke off of the spinning, holding his head to attempt to get rid of the nausea.

He blinked before running forward, going straight through Peter in a blue smoke-like substance.

Peter hyperventilated, "What just happened?" His voice cracked.

"They don't know you exist, Peter. That's why they don't see you..." Tink felt sympathy for the boy who she'd only just met.

She put her teeny-tiny hand on his shoulder and squeezed it in reassurance. It felt like a gentle pinch to Peter that he barely even felt it.

"They'll believe in us. Just give it time."

++++++++++++++++

100 years later

Peter and Tink watched a little girl named Anna read a book about the Guardians being real. It showed proof like hair/feather samples, objects and even tracks.

"This is what I love about the children. Seeing them..."

Peter uttered a murmur of agreement to Tink, not taking his eyes off of the child.

There was a silence. Neither of them knew what to say. Peter rested his chin in his hand.

"How much longer, Tink?" Peter asked her, "How much longer until they believe in us?"

"Soon, Peter... Soon."

-----------------------------

Peter was sick and tired of listening to Tink's 'Soon' answer.

She said that 100 years ago.

"Moon, what am I meant to do?"

Silence.

"Ugh," Peter ran his hands down in face in frustration, "I don't like you went you're quiet." He mumbled, angrily.

He broke a twig off of the branch he was resting on. Tink was elsewhere, talking to a 'friend'.

He began rolling the twig in his palm, gritting his teeth.

He finally stood up and launched the twig in the air, sending it into the darkness of the woods. You could hear a crack in the distance from where it landed.

He ran his hands through his hair and looked up at the stars.

Two of them shon brighter than any other star he had ever seen, "Second star to the right.." He looked over to see the sun rising, "And straight on 'till morning..."