Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [11]

Start bij het begin

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.”

I talked to them for about another twenty minutes. They preceded to tell me about how people were doing after the drug bust, and how old friends were. Then Kara and I filled Michael in about how I didn’t remember anything and he agreed that I just needed to ask my parents about it. I groaned knowing that wouldn’t be a very pleasant conversation for me. It was one I had been putting off.

Then I told them about Blake.

“NO WAY! MY LITTLE SHAYLEE HAS A BOYFRIEND!” Kara’s tone almost was slightly insulting.

“Gee thanks. I’m not a nun guys, I’m fully allowed to like boys.”

“Is he hott? Does he have any gay friends?”

“Not that I know of.”

“Damn.”

I then told them about Leslie and Violet before they had to go.

I lay on my bed now, wondering what I could do today.

Then an idea snapped in my head.

I dialed the cell phone number that was logged in my phone.

“Yellow!?” Less’s sing-song voice rang through from the other end.

“Hey. What are you and Vi doing today?”

“Nothin much. Chillin like Villians, why?”

“I was wondering if you guys wanted to come over later for a sleepover?”

“Hold on.” I heard shuffling and then I heard Violets voice mumbling in the background, and more shuffling until Leslie came back.

“Sounds like a party. Can we come over around three-ish?”

“Sure thing.”

“Alright, bye love!”

“Bye you two!” I smiled into the phone.

My first sleepover here.

WHOOOOOO!! I’M NOT ANTISOCIAL ANYMORE!

I collapsed on my bed, and watched the clock hit twelve o’five. Great. What am I going to do for three whole hours?

… I wonder.

I quickly switched into shorts and put on my tennis shoes and clopped down the stairs. Dad had gone over to the Cunningham’s house to watch a football game on their big TV and Mom took Lucy to her friend’s house.

I plugged in my earphones and started off in a light jog. I jogged past the Cunningham’s house, and wondered what Blake and Brooke were up to.

I blushed at the thought. I guess I should go visit a little later, I mean after all. Blake is my boyfriend. The word almost didn’t seem real. It felt so out of place. No one ever pictured me having a boyfriend, and honestly I never pictured myself with one either. I took off in a different direction than last time, loving how the fresh air made me feel healthy and alive. I liked the sickish feeling you get after doing a hard work out or running. It made me feel like I had just added two more years to my life, or that I was becoming stronger by the minute.

I started making guitar movements with my hands to the beat of Hollywood Whore By Papa Roach.

I didn’t know how far I would be running, but I figured it just run until I began to feel a little tired.

As I ran parallel to the woods I couldn’t help but wonder if that wolf was back there.

If only I could just see him again; my wolf—he was so beautiful. So completely exotic and wild and real, that I could smell the musky scent of him even when he was a few yards away.