"Thank you, Eli.." 

I froze in my tracks, as did he.  I pouted at the idea that I wasn't getting any more massages, but I just realized that I called him fucking Eli. 

"Garrett, I meant.." I laughed. 

I heard him sigh heavily.  Well, shit. 

"Do you have a crush on him or something?" He grumbled. 

I hadn't heard this side of Garrett before.  His voice was deeper and the tone in his voice was thick.  The deep and thick voice was laced with complete and utter anger/annoyance. 

I picked my head up. "What the hell?  Eli?  A crush on Eli?" 

Is he serious?  "Well you're always with him and you talk about him constantly." 

Well that was annoying.  I rolled my eyes.  "He's my best friend.  I didn't have any type of friend or human my age in my life until he showed up.  I feel nothing towards him in that way." 

"You literally just said his name instead of mine." 

I began to grow irritable.  "Your point?  I said I meant to say your name, damn." 

He didn't say anything for a little bit.  I began to doodle on my paper drawing lord knows what.  

"I'm sorry, Lillian.  I get jealous really easily.  I've been taking it slow with us because I know this must be different and hard for you, and I understand that-" 

I narrowed my eyes.  "How is it hard for me?" 

Say it asshole.  Just say it.  "You know what I mean.  Being blind and starting to have a relationship must be difficult for you and you're so strong for being able-" 

"Shut the fuck up." 

"Excuse me?" 

"She said to shut the fuck up." 

I jumped when I heard his voice that was right next to me.  Had he been here the whole time?  What all has he heard?  

"This is a conversation between us, so you can walk away, bro." 

Oh boy.  "First of all, I am in no way your bro.  Secondly, it seems to me here that you don't know the number one thing that my Lily-pad here hates.  As being her best friend, I know most things about her, so don't act like you know anything because you don't know shit.  Don't fucking pity her.  That's one damn thing you don't do, especially to my bestfriend." 

I gulped at his sudden outburst.  I stifled a laugh when he got it all know it all.  I smiled slightly when I heard him put the emphasis on the word my.  

I heard Garrett speak up.  "This is in no way your business-" 

"Oh it is my business.  I just made it my fucking business.  Come on Lillian, let's go get that massage I promised you." 

//

"What the hell?!" I laughed. 

"I have no fucking idea." He was laughing even harder. 

We had just gotten inside his car and we were completely quiet up until I said that.  We had been laughing pretty hard about the whole situation.  

"You reminded me of Jonah Hill in 21 Jump Street with your sudden cockiness." 

He snorted at my remark. 

Gosh, I love that laugh.  It reminds me of such happiness.  And man, that smell.  He smells so good and the fact that he gave me his own hoodie to use at my sudden coldness made the smell even better.  Now it was like I had his smell on me and it smells really good. 

I heard my phone ring and I got Eli to tap the screen to answer it for me.  He really is useful. 

Sometimes. 

"Hey mom, what's up?" I laughed. 

//

Eli- 

I helped her answer the phone and decided it was best for me to be quiet and let her talk to her mom.  I probably shouldn't screw with her right now.  

Usually I would've started moaning excessively and telling her to hit me harder, but I just can't do that when it's her mom.  I turned down the radio and heard her reply. 

"What do you mean?" 

She got quieter and her voice was soft.  Shit, somethings happened.  I pulled into her driveway and put the car in park.  

"I don't understand.." She trailed off.

She looked at me and I looked at her with a confused face. 

It was then that I watched her normal, beautiful face that's usually filled up with skin, flush away.  Her face paled completely and that gave me the reason that something's going on.  I don't know what it is, but something's going on, and I'm not sure if it's good. 

//

there:) idk i like it!! do you? feedback pls.  

i took a final today and made an 84!! yay. pls think of me tomorrow i take a big math test for the third time and that's why i was so down the other day in my last authors note bc i had failed it again. 

remember to be nice to each other!! love u all. 

read, comment, vote