Meeting

Theo discovered his ability when he was fourteen. He was in bed watching TV and he couldn't reach the remote control without getting up. No matter how hard he stretched he could not reach it. Then something strange happened, The remote control kind of faded away and reappeared in his outstretched hand. Like his sheer laziness took out his greatest gift.

Over the next year Theo tries to develop his powers but it exhausted him and never worked although sometimes he thought he had seen the object start to fade. After many failed attempts he accepted that his 'superpower' was nothing more than his imagination.

It was when he was walking down a quiet street when he stumbled upon a mugging of some sort. two men, a large knife and a pretty blonde girl about Theo's age.

'You're one of aren't you?' the one with the knife was shouting while the other pinned the girl against the wall. 'If you tell us, we won't hurt you'. the girl was crying. Between sobs she opened her mouth to answer.

'Please' she sobbed 'I don't know what you're talking about'. The man shouted in frustration.

'Yeah? Then explain this' He lifted the knife and plunged it into the girl's neck... Without thinking Theo yelled out and reached as if he could stop what had jest happened. in seconds the bloodied knife clattered to the ground in front of Theo's feet. While working his power he had moved closer because he realized too late that he was too close to those men for safety.

For what seemed like minutes but what must have been seconds the men stared at Theo. just as Theo's mind told him run the men dropped the girls limp-bloody body to the ground and had Theo pinned to the ground before he could make his body obey.

The effort it had taken him to move the knife suddenly hit Theo and in seconds all he could see was black.