15 Shawn Mendes Songs Relatable To Popular Nerd!

Start from the beginning

8) Aftertaste

Quote from song: Turns out that no one can replace me. I'm permanent you can't erase me

Nathan couldn't date Paige while she was with Josh then he decided to go out with Laura. But Paige was always in his mind and couldn't be replaced as no other girl made him feel the same way.

9) Air (Feat. Astrid)

Quote from song: Used to think that we would last forever, how could I have been so wrong?

Paige had thought that Josh was amazing and that they were a great couple until she knew the truth that he is an idiot and a cheating jerk. Which we all knew (Insert The Vamps lyrics for Cheater!)

10) Crazy

Quote from song: I've been making someone wait for me

Paige was waiting for Nathan to stop acting like a jerk and for him to be single again as he was dating Laura.

11) A little too much

Quote from song: She knew that she would be OK, so she didn't let it get in her way

Paige wanted to be with Nathan and took the ticket to Washington D.C. to him in attempt to bring him back. She didn't let Josh or her mom get in her way from trying to get him back in her life.

12) This is what it takes

Quote from song: Underneath the darkness, there's a light that's trying so hard to be seen

Paige knew there was more to Nathan- a light- that no one else saw. She was the one to discover his true self and was right about him.

13) Bring it back

Quote from song: You've been coming up strong lately and I can feel it there... You've been thinking you've gotta another shot at me thinking possibly some how

Josh tried to get Paige back but he was being forceful and threatening. He was also physically strong when trying to get her to be his girlfriend again.

14) Imagination

Quote from song: Can't get my mouth to say the words the wanna say to you

When Nathan first saw Paige, in the classroom before she finds his phone on the floor, he was stuttering and really nervous around her. He couldn't speak to her.

15) Treat you better

Quote from song: I know he's just not right for you. And you can tell me if I'm off but I see it on your face when you say that he's the one that you want. And you're spending all your time in this wrong situation and anytime you want it to stop.

I know I can treat you better than he can. And any girl like you deserves a gentleman.

Nathan was the one to comfort Paige when she found out Josh cheated on her

Nathan was the one to comfort Paige when she found out Josh cheated on her. He told her Josh didn't deserve her and he knew all along that she never loved him. And we all knew, he could treat her better, better than Josh can 😉

Yey that is all 15!!!!

There are obvs more Shawn Mendes songs. For example:

• One of those nights
• Weight
• Something big
• Believe
• I know what you did last summer
• Memories
• Act like you love me
• Running low......

And so on.

If you can find a lyric in those songs I missed, please tell me in the comments how it can relate to Popular Nerd.

Maybe Shawn Mendes should sing the theme song if this is ever made into a movie.

Lol!

Hope you enjoyed this extra part. Please tell me which lyric/ song you felt fits the story best!

Love you all.

From Vic xx