Hurts In The Inside

Synopsis - Sully finds out about Sam's fate in prison through Nate
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sully walked up and down the corridor about what felt like 2 hours, but was actually 5 minutes. It was almost 10 pm.

"They should have been back by now." Sully thought. He knew he should have went with them. He wasn't really fond with Nate going into prison to get an artifact with Sam. He doesn't trust Sam, but he knows that Nate does and since he is 23 now, Sully has to let him do what he believe what's right.

Suddenly, the door opened, which caused Sully to quickly turn around. Right there, he saw Nate coming through the door.

"Goddamnit, kid! How long do you have to stay out like this?" Sully asked, Nate didn't answer. He just looked at Sully and then looked back at the floor.

This made Sully concerned. "Hey, Nate. Are you OK? Where's Sam?"

"It doesn't matter." Nate said quietly, and then he went to his room without saying anything else. Sully knew something happened. Nate wasn't himself.

He went to Nate's room. But before he could knock on the door, he heard something behind the door. Something he never thought he would hear.

He heard Nate crying.

He slowly opened the door to see Nate on top of his bed, sobbing into his pillow. Sully sat on his bed and placed a hand on his shoulders.

"Nate, what happened?" Sully asked. Nate just shook his head. He didn't want to talk about it now.

"OK, kid. You tell me when you're ready, alright?" Nate only nodded before Sully left the room.

10 minutes later..

Sully was working on a puzzle while having the TV on in the background. He then heard a voice he was glad to hear.

"Hey Sully." Sully saw Nate, standing next to the door. He looked really tired, but at least he was smiling a bit than before.

"Hey, kid. How are you feeling?" Sully asked.

"Better, I guess." Nate said while shrugging his shoulders. He made his way to the sofa, with Sully following him.

"So, you ready to talk about it." Sully was a bit sceptical about asking Nate this, but he really wants to know what happened.

Nate stared at the floor for a while before taking a deep breath.

"It's Sam. He....he's dead." Sully didn't know what to say. He knew how much Sam meant to Nate.

"What..what happened?"

"That rich bastard killed the warden, so we had to run and escape. I grabbed hold of Sam, but he..got shot and...he...he." Nate couldn't finish his sentence. He sobbed a bit into his hands, while Sully comforted him.

"It's OK, kid. It's OK. I'm sorry about what happened. But I'm sure Sam would want for you to keep going. And I would too. OK?"

Nate nodded before removing his hands from his face. "Yeah. Thanks, Sully."

"Sure thing, kid. Now if you are feeling better, you can come and help me with this puzzle."

Nate made a confused face towards Sully, "You tried to do a puzzle without me?"

"Tried, kid. I know I failed." Sully said. Nate chuckled at Sully. He was starting to feel a lot better. Even though Sam is gone, he still got Sully. And he means just as much to him.