Taking Care of Young Drake

Synopsis - Sam and Sully takes care of Cassie while Nate and Elena is away. Or at least try to.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"'Let's get some rest', you said. 'She'll be fine', you said." Sully mocked San while looking under some chairs.

"Don't look at me!" Sam said, "You're the one who agree to my idea. I thought you'd said you'll never listen to my ideas again, anyway."

Sully just looked at Sam with a quite angry face. He made a loud sigh before going into the kitchen. Sam and Sully only had one job to do - to take care of Nate and Elena's daughter Cassie while they were away for a search expedition. The boys only closed their eyes for a while and already, Cassie was gone.

"Have you cheek her bedroom?" Sam asked. Sully shakes his head and quickly ran across the corridor to her bedroom.

"She's not there!" He shouted. Sam put his hands on his face in distress.

"If Nathan founds out about this.." Sam thought. He couldn't have lost his daughter. She is everything to him. It would make him the worst brother and uncle ever.

"I'll cheek outside while you cheek Nate and Elena's bedroom." Sully said and went through the front door quickly. Sam had to admit - for an old man, he moves quite fast.

Just before Sam can head to their bedroom, he heard a notice that scared him to his core - a phone ringing. He slowly approached the phone, repeating 'Please not him. Please not him.' in his head. He pressed the green button and slowly put the phone on his ear.

"Hello?" he said quite nervously.

"Hey, Sam!" the voice said cheerfully. Sam face palmed his face. It was him. It was Nate.

"Nathan!" he said, trying not to sound nervous, "My little brother! How are you? How's the expedition?"

"It's awesome. Despite a couple of bites on my arm, nothing too serious, I think we are onto something. Something big possibly."

"Wow. That would be good for D&F fortunes, right?"

"Yep. Anyway, how's Cassie? Is she OK?" Nate asked. Sam's heart sucked. He can't tell his brother that they lost Cassie. It would break his heart and Elena's as well.

He took a deep breath before continuing. "She's..fine. Fine as ever. Nothing to worry about."

"Cool. Can I talk to her?"

"Oh...well. She's..a little busy. Maybe come back a little later?"

"Sam, where is she?" Nate already knew that Sam was hiding something based on his talk.

Sam took another deep breath. He has to tell him. "OK, Cassie is..." Before he could say it, he heard the front door opening. Sully came through the door with a 7 years old girl on his back. She had blonde hair with black glasses, wearing short jeans, a red shirt and sandals. Sam lets out the biggest sigh he could have.

"Cassie is what?" Sam heard Nate and quickly spoke through the phone again.

"Cassie was with Sully, playing outside. You wanna talk to her now?" Sam asked

"Please!" Nate said happily. Sully placed Cassie onto the ground so she could take the phone from Sam.

"Hello? Hi Daddy! I'm OK." She went to the kitchen while Sam and Sully went outside to have a well deserved smoke.

"Where was she anyway?" Sam asked before taking another smoke. Sully pointed at the seashore, to which Sam nodded in response.

"She wanted to collect seashells for Elena when they come back. She managed to get quite a few." Sully pointed at a bucket close to the seashore.

"You know.." Sam took another smoke before continuing, "I have a whole new level of respect for Nate and Elena."

Sully laughed at the comment. "Yeah, me too." Soon, they heard footsteps from behind them. They quickly snuffed out their cigarettes as they didn't want Cassie to know that they smoke. Yet.

"Uncle Sam. Daddy wants to speak to you." she said.

"Thanks, Cassie." Sam said, while taking the phone from her. She then ran to the shores again to continue with her shell collecting.

"Hey, brother." Sam said, more calmer now that Cassie has been found. Or maybe it was the cigarette or both.

"So you did lose Cassie?" Sam face palmed his face again.

"OK, yes. But in my defence, she didn't tell us where she was." Sam said in protest.

"You guys were asleep! Anyway, you're lucky you found her, otherwise you and me would have an estranged relationship." There was a sudden silence through the phone before it resumed.

"Sorry, I got to go. Elena may have found something. See ya."

"Bye." Sam replied. He pressed the red button before placing his head on the patio fence.

"She told Nate we lost her." Sully could only laugh at this fact.

"Well, she is Nathan Drake's daughter, remember?"

"Yep. Like father, like daughter." Sam smiled, while seeing Cassie finding another seashell.