He raised an eyebrow, looking curious.

"And what is this reason?"

"Well, sir, you see, I've been trying to prove everyone wrong. I'm not a Death Eater. I want to help you. If there's any way I could help, I'd be really grateful," Violet lied, straight through her teeth.

He looked at her.

"Hm," he said, "I'm not sure if I can trust you quite yet. But, if you want to help with the fight against Voldemort, I'm sure there's something I could do to help."

"Thank you, Professor Dumbledore."

He looked down at his papers again, muttering to himself. He appeared to be deep in thought.

"And with your family connection to the Death Eaters, it could be easy for you to get information."

Violet froze, suddenly becoming very stiff in her chair. She didn't know if she could lie to him about Lord Voldemort's plans. She could barely even lie about the fact that she was actually trying to help him when in fact she wasn't.

"It should be fairly simple for you to get plans..."

Of course he noticed her stiff posture when he mentioned the Death Eaters. Anyone else might've played it off like they torture her, or it was a sensitive subject. But he could tell something was wrong and though about giving her fake plans after a while of her doing smaller tasks.

However, when he looked at the young girl sitting in front of him, forced to grow up too fast, he couldn't help but think that she wouldn't do it. She wouldn't give Voldemort the real plans. Dumbledore knew that Lord Voldemort clearly had something over Violet that was clearly important to her, he just didn't know what.

He looked at Violet again.

"Well, I'll see what I could do about you helping out a bit. You'd better be getting to class, otherwise you'll be late," He said.

Violet nodded. Of course he could sense her lie. She knew it, too. But she just didn't know what to do about it, so she decided on doing nothing, for now.

She walked to get to her next class, which was History of Magic. Pretty much every student slept through it, including Violet. Professor Binns didn't seem to mind. He just continued to drone on, long after everyone had fallen asleep.

Violet was glad this class was next, she felt she could use a little rest.

*~*~*

With History of Magic over, and Lunch coming next, Violet felt a little more rested and a lot less stressed already. She couldn't wait to finally eat something, she'd been waiting all day for this moment.

She quickly spotted James and Sirius in their usual spots, with Peter and Remus sitting across from them. Violet smiled slightly and went to sit next to them.

"Hey, Violet," James said, looking giddy.

"Hey, James. What's going on?"

James blushed. "Nothing."

Sirius snorted from next to him, but James easily silenced him with a glare.

Violet gave him a strange look.

"If you say so," she said in a sing song voice.

She couldn't help getting lost in her thoughts again. She really didn't want to loose this friendship. It was one of the best things that's happened to her. But she couldn't let her mother get killed. She wouldn't. Violet sighed, hating having to choose between her best friends and her mother. In the end, Violet knew that her friends had been there for her more than her mother had ever been.

She stood up abruptly.

"I need to go meet with someone," she said nonchalantly, "I'll talk to you guys later?"

Sirius gave her a suspicious look, noticing how quickly she had stood up.

"Yeah, sure," he said.

Violet nodded and the other boys smiled at her as she left.

After a few minutes, she reached the familiar gargoyle statues. Once again, they flung open requiring no password. She bounded up the stairs and, not even bothering to look to see if he was busy, began the conversation straight away.

"Professor Dumbledore, I need help."