CHAPTER 2: Winter Hexagon & Her Sealed Faith

Start from the beginning

Firstly, if someone were to end his life by gun, he wouldn't shoot his heart-he'd shoot his head. For a quick and painless death. Secondly, the fact that some kind of sick person would bury someone in concrete alive—well, semi-alive, that is.

He turned to Aurum, finding her staring into nothing, as if trapped in a void of thoughts. He gently shook her.

Aurum was snapped out of her trance and only now did she realise the policemen wandering about, searching for any clues. And only now did she notice the huge letters in red spray paint on the wall beside where the victim was found.

          The letters were sprayed onto the wall in all capital letters, the font thick and rushed

The letters were sprayed onto the wall in all capital letters, the font thick and rushed. They were in a shade of brick red. Aurum felt the strong presence beside her and she turned towards Elucel who gazed upon the words, 'Winter Hexagon', that was imprinted on the wall.

"What can you deduce from that?" he suddenly asked, taking a small glance at the short statured woman beside him. Her eyebrows bunched up, crossing her arms as her eyes scrutinised at the wall.

"From what I see, I estimate the killer—or the one who wrote that-is most probably about your height, if not taller." A small smile played on Elucel's lips as she had gotten that correct.

"And how did you conclude that?" It was Aurum's turn to smile now. She unfurled her arms and let them rest at her sides.

"If you have read the book entitled, 'A Study in Scarlet', you must know about the case that involved the word, 'Rache', being written on the wall," A pause.

"Sherlock estimated that the culprit was about six feet tall by examining how high the word was written and how big the strides the culprit took. He also stated that when we write, we usually write at eye-level and that was how I concluded that the culprit might have been as tall as you."

Elucel clapped his hands slowly, a smile emitting from his lips. "I see that Sherlock Holmes does help increase one's knowledge about crime and the like."

Aurum was about to return a remark when she found Elucel staring at something on the victim's cheek-a letter 'A' carved into the skin. "The conditions seem so alike to that previous case . ." he mumbled, clearly not realising that she had heard.

"Anyways, the body will be taken to the forensics lab in a few so if you'll excuse me whilst I examine the body." He pushed past her, crouching down to the corpse on the floor. He pulled out a pair of latex gloves out of his sling bag, sliding them on and securing his bag behind him as to not hinder his actions.