Chapter 2

I know it's short but I promise the next one will be longer.So here we go guys! Chapter 2!

Chapter 2

Jason

Jason was nervous. Everyone in his camp-his family, were going to be waiting on the shores to welcome the Argo II and hopefully not blow it up. He tried to remember what everyone looked like and where everything was. Hera had restored Jason's memory, but he was still a bit foggy. He fell back onto his bed and stared at the ceiling. It was painted a deep sky blue and adorned with fluffy white clouds that moved across the landscape. The lightning bolts were carved into Jason's bedposts and around him on the walls. So unnecessary, he thought. But, the decoration still made him feel like he was stil at Camp Half-Blood. That was what most of the cabins on the ship were like: based off their house back at camp. Most of the Athena cabin came up with that idea: to make everyone feel somewhat at home, since they'd be traveling for so long. But, the credit really went to Leo for designing this beast of a ship. Down to the very last wood plank was all designed by him, with a little help from the Hephaestus cabin whenever he got too tired, which seemed to happen a lot lately. Jason had noticed Leo was acting different when he almost drowned in his cereal bowl during breakfast after falling asleep. Leo wasn't his normal self; all full of corny jokes and a peppy atittude. He was tired all the time and had awful headaches that he tried to hide. Jason could tell though, Leo was an awful liar. He had one just last night during dinner. Jason worried about his friend and wondered why the old Leo hadn't shown up in a while. Then, there was a knock at the door.

"Jason?" Jason heard Piper knock on his door. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I just-hang on a sec-" he replied fiddling the doorknob. He guessed he was more nervous than he thought. Finally the door opened with a hard tug. Jason tried to look as cool as possible, which aparrently wasn't enough to trick Piper.

"Yes?" Jason said raking his fingers through his hair. Piper was staring at him intently, like she was trying to decide if something was wrong or not.

"Just checking in. We just got confirmation that we'll be landing in like ten minutes. You ready for this?" she asked. Jason sighed.

"At this moment, ah, no." Piper laughed.

"It's okay Jason. We'll do this together," she reassured him by taking his hand. "Come on, I want to show you something." Piper led Jason through the lower decks up to where the mast was.

"Close your eyes," she said, "I'll lead you the rest of the way."

"Won't let me fall?" Jason teased.

"Wouldn't dream of it," Piper replied taking his arm. Jason heard the sounds of gulls squaking in the sky and the occasional shouts of the crew members. "Okay," she said, "Open your eyes." Jason did as he was told and for a moment, he could see nothing but clouds, but then the ship broke through them, and there was his old camp, just the way he had left it.

"Welcome to Camp Jupiter," Piper exclaimed.