Chapter 3

Lillianne's POV

After I got home the next day, I decided to take a small nap before I got ready to go on my date with Sam.  I unlocked my phone to set my alarm and saw I had two missed FaceTime calls and five texts from Nate. This was usual when he was bored so I let it go and set my alarm for 4:00.
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
My alarm began to go off, instantly interrupting my slumber. I hit dismiss and groaned as I looked at my phone, the brightness blinding me. After my eyes adjusted to it, I saw I had another three missed FaceTime calls from Nate. I decided to just call him while I did my makeup. I threw my phone on the bed and walked over to the shower. I turned the knobs and stripped down.
°
°
°
°
°
°
After my shower, I threw on my lace black undergarment set and wrapped a towel on my hair and body. I walked over to the closet and searched through my clothes. I decided on a flowy white tank top with regular skinny jeans and my white vans. I topped it off with a tan cardigan and a cross necklace that was embedded with red diamonds that my mother had given me on my tenth birthday. I blow dried and curled my hair after I got dressed. I grabbed my phone and saw the time was 4:15 so I had plenty of time to do my makeup and call Nate. I set my phone on the counter and hit the call button on the screen. After two rings he answered with an angry look on is face. "What the hell Lillianne? Why haven't you answered my calls?" He yelled through the phone, making me jump a bit. "Chill Nate. I was sleeping and getting ready for my date with Sam." I said calmly, as I applied my eyeshadow. He sighed, sitting on his bed. "Where are you guys going?" He asked, resting his head on the headboard. I slightly smiled and replied , "We are going to the carnival uptown." I shut my bathroom light off and walked to the screening room. I peeked my head in and saw Makenzie and her boyfriend Jonah cuddling and watching The Vow. I leaned against the doorway and watched as they smiled together and just looked so in love. "Makenzie? Why didn't you tell me Jonah was coming over?", I said scaring them. She took a breath of relief and leaned against Jonah. "I went to tell you, but you were sleeping and I figured I wouldn't wake you." She explained, sitting up. "Awh thanks Kenz. I am going out with Sam in a few minutes so can I trust you guys to be here by yourself or do I have to call Chyna to keep an eye on you?" I asked, walking in further. They looked at each other before looking at me. "Did Chyna get her paycheck yet?" Makenzie asked, standing up.
"I think so why?"
"Call her over then. "
"What why? Wouldn't two teenagers want to be alone?"
"Well yeah but she has money to order pizza. We are starving." She said rubbing her stomach and groaning.
I laughed and nodded. I saw Nate hung up so I texted Chyna.

Me- Hey Chy would you mind watching Kenz and Jonah for me?  They want pizza.
She texted back almost instantly.
Chy- And I why am I apart of that plan?
Me- You have $$$
Chy- That is true. I will be there in ten.
Me- Okay thanks boo
Chy- Welcome mom xx

I peered my head back in, and told them Chyna would be there soon. They just nodded without looking at me. "Kids." I mumbled to myself.

I walked downstairs, tracing the intricate handcarved designs that wrapped around the railing with my index finger. I checked my phone and saw it was 5:00 on the dot. I waited for Sam in the family room, deciding to catch up on "The Bachelor" to pass the time. After about ten minutes into me yelling at Ben on the TV like he could actually hear my suggestions and comments, the familiar noise of the doorbell rang through the entire house. I smoothed out pants and grabbed my white sparkle clutch that consisted of my money, credit cards, and a picture of my parents. I slowly opened the door and my eyes were blessed by the sight of Sam dressed in a plain white tee, dark jeans, black converse and giant smile on his face. "Well good evening Mr. Wilkinson. " I said stepping out the door and closing it. He took my hand and lead to his car. "Good evening to you too Mrs. Wilk-  I mean Mrs. Walters." He quickly corrected his mistake as his cheeks turned crimson. I laughed and squeezed his hand. He squeezed back and opened my door for me. I nodded in gratitude and hopped in. He jogged to the other side and got in, starting the car. I fastened my seat belt as he did the same. "Ready?" He asked, resting his hand on top of mine. "Of course. " I replied, smiling at him. He fastened his seatbelt and floored it. I grabbed onto the dashboard handle and widened my eyes. He began to slow down and I took a breath of relief. I sat back in my seat and was longing for noise besides our breathing. He must have noticed my discomfort and switched on the radio. He turned it to bluetooth and looked at me. "Would you mind turning on your bluetooth?  I don't care what we listen to." Sam asked, keeping his eyes on the road. "Sure." I replied, unlocking my phone. I switched on my bluetooth and went to Spotify. I scrolled through my playlists and selected the one named "Chill Music". I clicked shuffle and placed my phone on the charging doc resting on the center console. "Aftertaste" by Shawn Menses began to play and I instantly sang along. I watched Sam as he began to hum to the beat and sing the chorus.
"Turns out that no one can replace me. I'm permanent you can't erase me. I'll help you remember me. One more kiss is all it takes. I'll leave you with the memory and the aftertaste. " I sang as I stared out the window, observing the nature passing by. We quickly arrived at the carnival entrance. Sam parked the car and jumped out, running over to my side. He opened the door for me and helped me out. I thanked him and he didn't let go of my hand, causing a big smile to appear on my face. As soon as we entered the area, smells of funnel cake, corn dogs and popcorn filled my nose. I took a look at the sight in front of me and felt like a little kid again. Sam let go of my hand, causing me to frown slightly. He took out his phone and opened Snapchat. I secretly scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Wow.. On your phone during a date. Classy." I thought to myself.
"Lillianne, take a selfie with me for Snap." Sam requested, bringing up the dog filter. I blushed, and instantly felt bad for assuming things. He put his free arm on my shoulder and leaned in to kiss my cheek. Just before he snapped the picture, he brought his hand over to my chin and turned in towards his face. Before I knew it. his lips were on my own. I was in shock at first but slowly came to and kissed him back. I opened my eyes slightly and pulled away when I saw Nate's face. I sat there with my mouth open. "What the hell? Where is Sam? What just happened? I'm so confused. " I asked backing away, rubbing my temples. He stepped closer to me and leaned into my ear, just like he had done earlier yesterday morning. "Wake up Lill. " He whispered.
"What?" I asked confused. He stepped away and started shaking my shoulders. "Lillianne wake up." He said louder.