Chapter 1

Lillianne P.O.V.

"Lill, wake up. Your phone won't stop going off!" Makenzie- my fourteen year old sister- groaned, throwing one of the unnecessary many pillows on her bed over her head. I laughed lightly and rubbed my hands up and down my face, attempting to wake myself up more.
I searched for the lamp, and failed miserably so I just grabbed my phone instead. It was vibrating rapidly as I read message across the screen. "Best Frand would like to facetime" I quickly hit accept and placed my phone on the charging stand. Within seconds, my best friend Nate Maloley's face appeared on the screen. "Well good morning miss Lillianne. Did I wake you?" He spoke politely, his voice slightly raspy. I shook my head yes and stood up, hitting my foot on the edge of the bed in the process. I winced out in pain and dramatically dropped my phone on the floor. I sat up and heard Nate and my sister dying of laughter. "I am glad my pain is amusing you two.", I scoffed and opened the balcony doors sitting on the cold metal furniture, "So Maloley... what do I owe this great pleasure? "
He smiled and I watched as he stood up and walked over to his bathroom. "Give me two minutes." He said, extending two fingers towards the screen and setting it on his dresser. I nodded and placed my phone down on my lap. A slight breeze blew through the air, causing goosebumps to rise on my exposed arms. I took in a second to look at the sky and my view overlooking the neighborhood. The sky was a mixture of orange, pink, and yellow and the clouds looks gray but white at the same time. It looked like a painting in my opinion. I heard the glass doors slide open, making me turn my attention to behind me. "Morning Kenz." I smiled, greeting my younger sister. She smiled back and sat down on the chair next to me. I looked at her attire and saw she was wearing her blanket around her shoulders like a cape. I chuckled and rubbed my hands together attempting to create some sort of heat from my frozen limbs. Makenzie must have noticed my discomfort and went back in the warm room. "And then there was one." I mumbled to myself, still shivering.
"I'm back! " Nate's voice rang through the tiny speaker. I picked it up and slightly smiled. Just then, Makenzie threw a fuzzy black blanket on my head, engulfing it. Nate began to laugh as I took it off, my hair becoming even more of a disaster than it has previously been. "Nice hair Lill. " His voice echoing throughout his room, his laughter eventually dying down. He walked over to his closet and opened it, exposing his endless amount of snapbacks and clothes. I was slightly envious as he always had better sneakers than I did. "Help me out here Lillianne. I have zero clothes and so little time to prepare for school." He whined, looking into the camera and sporting his best puppy dog eyes. I sighed and rubbed my temples. "The plain black Nike shirt with your cargo skinny jeans and black Huarches." I said, scanning his closet. He nodded approvingly and put his camera on the wall. I turned to Makenzie and gave her my phone. "I have to go get dressed. Take this and if Nate gets back before I do, tell him to just come over and wait for me to get down. " She nodded and took the phone out of my grip. I threw the blanket on the bed once inside, and walked over to the bathroom me and Mak shared. I removed my undergarments and placed them in the hamper. I turned to the mirror and sighed. You see, I am slightly bigger than most girls my age. I am in no way ashamed of my body, but it would always be nice to be slightly smaller. I ignored the mirror and my thoughts and stepped into the shower.
°
°
°
°
°
°
After my shower, I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed the outfit I had previously set out for myself. Makenzie walked in and ran to the bathroom. I groaned and banged on the door. "Kenz open up! I need my brush! " I yelled. All I heard was the sink running. I sighed and sat on my queen sized bed, straightening out the wrinkles in my Nirvana shirt. I stood up from the bed, and walked to the balcony, noticing it was officially daylight. I grabbed my phone and saw two new messages from my girl best friend, and Nate's friend Samuel. I wasn't great friends with Sam but we were civil. I opened the one from Chyna, my girl best friend, first.

Chy- Hey mom what are you wearing today?
Me- Nirvana shirt, black leggings, white Huarches, black snapback wbu
Chy- Cute! I am wearing white Pink shirt, Pink leggings, black Nikes. Text me when your baby daddy gets there.
Me- Not my baby daddy. We are just friends.
Chy- Okay boo okay