Iida nodded and they continued their walk. Eventually, the awkwardness of the previous subject faded and they found themselves having an animated conversation on academic subjects. Izuku barely even noticed when he'd made it to his apartment. "Ah, we're already here."

Iida handed him his books, a small smile on his face. "Thank you, Midoriya, for allowing me to assist you and for the interesting conversation."

Izuku shook his head and hefted the new books onto the pile already in his arms. "If anything, I have to apologize for making you miss the library today."

"Nonsense, I enjoyed our conversation, Midoriya." He took out a piece of paper and a pen, he handed Izuku the piece after scribbling on it for a few seconds. "My number, in case you want to study for the exams together. We may not be applying for the same departments, but both have to take an exam for the basic academics."

Izuku blinked owlishly, taking the paper and looking at the number. "Thanks..." He manages to say. "Does....this make us friends?" He immediately regretted asking that. God, why couldn't he have been born mute.

Iida took it in stride, nodding enthusiastically, "if you want to be, then yes. I would have many things to learn from being your friend."

"Thanks, I guess I'll see you around?"

"Yes! Have a good night, Midoriya!" And with that, the boy took off, literally, Izuku was coughing the dust out of his lungs for a solid minute.

Pocketing the piece of paper, Izuku climbed the stairs and walked in to is house. "Mom! I'm home!" He closed the door behind him with his foot, "sorry I didn't call, I got a bit held up at the library."

Into peeked her head in from the kitchen, "Izuku!" She said cheerfully, "I'm just glad you're home, do you need any help with those books?"

"No, I'm fine" he grunted as he set them down on the coffee table and walked into the kitchen, "I think I made a friend, actually."

Inko's eyes lit up, "That's great, honey! Dinner's on the counter." She gestured to the bowl of fried rice, steam wafting enticingly from the meal.

He pulled out a stool and sat down, picking up his chopsticks, "Thanks for the meal, mom." It was only after he said those words that he realized just how hungry he was. He readily dug into the rice, barely taking time to enjoy the flavor before swallowing and taking another bite.

"If you keep eating like that, I might have to make you a bigger lunch." His mother joked, taking a seat across from him and digging in to her own bowl. Before she'd even finished half, she suddenly perked up, dropping her chopsticks and digging around her pockets, "Oh! I almost forgot! You got a letter today, Izuku."

He swallowed his current mouthful, "A letter?"

She eventually let out a sound of triumph, holding out a small white envelope, sealed with a small fox sticker. "It was put under the doorway while you were at the library, I didn't open it out of respect for your privacy."

A small stone settled amongst the rice in his stomach, "Thanks, mom." He said, taking the envelope and placing it in his pocket.

Nagaki knew where he lived, which means he knows about his mom. He seemed like a nice man, but the possibility of betrayal was still very, very real. If Izuku decided to go back on this whole vigilantism thing, there's no saying what he could do to him, or worse, his mom. His chopsticks started to shake ever so slightly before he set them down, his meal finished.

If his mother detected any of his anxiety, she didn't show it, instead opting to tell him about her day. Izuku nodded at all the right times and occasionally put in his own two cents, but he was mainly focused on the envelope in his pocket that felt like it weighed much more than it should have.