17. Join In

[ M a c y ' s P O V ]

It was just another day at school where nothing interesting happened . I was currently in the hallway on my way to my locker . Maddie and Gianna are very busy these days due to the festival and them playing quite important role despite me .

So it's really normal if it's break time and I'm walking alone in school because of them having meetings .

Times like this that make me wish that I actually in some club . But what can I do anyway , I literally have no talents let alone passion . Pathetic .

As I got to my locker I put my books inside just because I don't feel like taking them home with me because it's too heavy for my liking .

After putting my book I decide to text Maddie and Gianna from our group chat asking them if they're going to have lunch with me or not . I'm actually starving right now and with them or not I'm still going to get lunch but of course there's nothing nice about eating lunch alone at school .

Taking my phone out from my backpack as I slammed my locker's door shut . As I unlocked my phone and opening the group chat to text them I was stopped by a greeting from someone .

"Hey Macy." A girl greets in front of me as I lift my head to see who it was , and just for the perfect timing it's Nikki . "I haven't really see you in a while."

Yeah I may or not am trying to hide from you just because I can't bear seeing you .

But of course I can't tell her that . Because no matter what it's still not her fault .

"Oh hey Nikki." I say trying my best to hide my jealousy for her , it's not her fault in any way so it wouldn't be fair if I'm rude to her . "Yeah I guess I've been busy."

"Oh about the festival ? Are you performing ?" Nikki asks with her casual cheerful look as I smile to cope with her excitement . Maybe this is one of the reason Brooklyn likes her , her joyful self totally spread positive vibes to everyone around her .

And that's better in any way than being with a very awkward girl who looks like she's going to cry everytime she sees you .

"Oh no I got the food department actually." I said chuckling as I'm really trying to be nice to her but it's really hard remembering the fact that she's Brooklyn's girlfriend . And it just felt like the fact is stabbing me from inside . "How about you then ?"

"I have no club too so I got the decoration department but I'm really excited for it." She said giggling as I mentally facepalm , she's so not like me we're totally a complete different person . "You're in food department right ? That's mean you're with Brooklyn."

She said as my smile slowly disappear as she talks about Brooklyn . Why does she needs to talk about him right now .

The least thing I want to do right now is talking about a boy I like very much with his girlfriend . Just no .

I don't know if it's just me being too sensitive or it's really true but I thought I saw her looking like she just regrets what she just said to me .

Wait does she know about me and Brooklyn ? If she's his girlfriend that I'm pretty sure that he told him that we were once a very close friend .

'A very close friend' oh how I wish those word replaced by another word .

"Yeah we're in the same department." I said with a smile plastered on my face , as I'm trying my best to be nice and welcome to her without showing any sadness to her .