The girl nodded curtly and stepped forward to shake my hand, 'Lydia Branwell, envoy of the Clave. The Institute is temporarily under my jurisdiction whilst the Lightwood's are under suspicion.' My attention peaked, 'under suspicion of what?'

'It's not your concern Miss Fairchild.' She snapped, 'are Alec and Isabelle okay?'

She ignored my question as her eyes trailed to my mother's sleeping body, 'we will be keeping Jocelyn Fairchild here for safety until she wakes. The Clave believe it is best this way because she's rendered  unable to give up the cup to Valentine in exchange for her sister.  She will remain asleep until we find Valentine and arrest him.' She barked out orders like a robot, it reminded me of Alec but at least he wasn't so abrasive. She rudely ignored the presence of both Myles and Nora and it made me angry. Myles clung onto my leg and I rubbed circles into his back to calm him. 

'But-' I began to argue that we had to find Perle but I was cut off when Alec's voice interjected mine, 'Jocelyn wouldn't be that foolish.  She's sacrificed everything for the safety of the cup. She has valuable knowledge that we could use.'

He walked to her side with an air of hostility, that is until he caught Nora's eye. The two shared an awkward smile before Alec diverted his eyes back to the blonde's.

'No. We can't let the cup fall into the wrong hands. I am here to enforce the Clave's orders.' She retorted with a scowl, impatience dripping from her words, that was until she took a good look at Alec. Her eyes widened a little, 'Lydia Branwell, I don't believe we've met...' she spoke with a sickeningly charming smile, 'ur...Alec Lightwood.' He shook her hand with a confused expression. 

'Of course.' she nodded, 'now I can see why the girls in Idris are clamouring to meet you.' she batted her eyes and Nora stiffened up in my peripheral vision. Even I felt jealous for her. No one ever likes the girl that comes on to her best friends crush, especially when they seem rude and bitchy.  Alec fell speechless and shot her a weird look but she stared back shamelessly. 

I cleared my throat, 'where's Izzy?' I asked him to change the subject, 'I don't know.'

...

I spent the rest of the morning sleeping after running myself a soothing bath, since I had been up all night. 'Hey, sleepyhead!' Nora greeted as I entered the cafeteria mid afternoon, sat round one of the many metal tables that clustered the room with Izzy and Myles. 'Hey guys!' I greeted excitedly and Izzy groaned and slumped her head on the table aggravated, 'woaaah! Who pissed on your picnic?' I teased and she sighed, 'this Lydia chick is doing my head in.' Nora laughed, 'yours and mine both!' She retorted, pushing her sketchpad away so that she could lean her elbows on the table. I chuckled at the two and slumped down next to my little brother who's attention was elsewhere. He was playing with a little wooden toy and I narrowed my eyes to focus on it better; 'hey Mye, whatcha got there?' he looked up at me with a smile, 'it's an angel, Alec said I could play with it.' I looked at the girls to verify and they both nodded easily, 'he used to play with it as a child.' Izzy notified. 

'I can't imagine a young Alec Lightwood.' I scoffed trying to picture it and Izzy laughed, 'he used to be fun.' I smirked at her. 'I bet he was really cute.' Nora gushed dreamily as she stared into nothing, probably dreaming about prince charming himself. 'What's that Juliette?' I teased, cupping my ear over dramatically as if I didn't hear her comment and she glared at me, Izzy chuckled. 'To be Juliette I would need to have a Romeo.' My best friend groaned. Izzy snorted, 'if I remember correctly, weren't you two were playing tonsil tennis yesterday?' Izzy smirked and Nora blushed a deep shade of red, 'she went in for the kill!' I teased, growling into the air, Izzy chuckled.  Nora hid her face with her hands, groaning with embarrassment as I embarrassed her like the great bestie I am.  

She had spilled the details of her kiss to me over text and I squealed outwardly at Magnus', if I remember correctly, earning some weird looks from the boys which I shrugged off.  I ship Nalec along with Izzy and I'm proud of it. They are perfect, in a cute and awkward kind of way and I'm pretty certain he likes her. 

Myles began flicking through Nora's sketchpad as Izzy and I experimented with ship names:

Alnora

Noralec

Nalec

Nalexander was my favourite because it annoyed Nora the most and sounded posh as it rolled off our tongues. 

'Eb?' Myles piped up, sounded quite distressed.  My head snapped to him, he had a curious expression on his face as he stared at Nora's sketchbook. 'what's wrong?' I asked filled with concern. 'The angel is in the paper.'

'What?!' I retorted as if I had heard him wrong, 'what do you mean it's in the paper?' I asked dumbfounded and he handed me the sketchbook and my jaw dropped...

The angel figure had appeared as if someone had drawn it and I brushed my hand over the page only to uncover that it was totally two dimensional. I raised my eyebrows and handed the sketchbook to the girls who stared at Myles and I curiously. 'What the- I never drew that; that drawing wasn't there before.' Nora spoke confusedly, 'Myles did you draw this?' My little brother shook his head but it was pretty obvious since the drawing was eerily lifelike and whilst Myles was advanced for his age at school, he could never have drawn that. 'Well it wouldn't just appear out of thin air!' Nora threw her hands up in the air, trying to make sense of it. Just then, Myles reached into the page, yes folks: Into the page, and pulled out the angel figure in its full three dimensional glory. What the-

'Oh my God.'  Izzy said breathlessly and the three of us stared at Myles in awe as he examined the wooden toy.  'I've only ever seen one other person do that.' A deep voice sounded from behind us and a tall blonde man that I knew to be Hodge, approached the table with an intrigued smile. He was holding a half eaten granny's apple in his left hand. We all stared at him in silence, our eyes pleading him to go on, he sighed, 'you're Mom.' He gestured towards me and I shook my head incredulously and then it hit me...

It all made sense. I knew where the cup was, I just knew and I looked up at the four, 'I know where it is.' 

'Where what is?' Nora questioned confusedly, 'the cup.' And with that everyones eyes widened further, we all probably looked like fish. I pulled back in my chair, 'I'm going to find Jace.' Suddenly I felt the weight of the responsibility on me; I knew the location of the cup which meant I was both in the know and in danger.  Weirdly in that moment, Jace was the only person I felt I could trust and I excused myself from the table, grabbing Myles' hand and the book and darting out of the cafeteria. Dramatic, I know but I suddenly felt an urgency and paranoia. Could I trust that no one else in the canteen heard? Could I trust Hodge? Could I even trust Izzy?

Jace was the only one I felt certain of. I needed to find him.