Time to leave

Marks POV

Do I really want to adopt? am I ready? is Jack ready? these thoughts kept running laps in my mind, I just couldn't get it out of my head. all I wanted was a simple question and I got an essay. I just needed to go and see the kids maybe that would help my decision.

Mollies POV

I quickly hope into the shower. burr. ice cold water just what I wanted. I wash my hair and my body as quick as possible to get out of the water. when I get out I throw on some black skinny ripped jeans and a black hoodie. I turn my wolf ears and tail invisible they're a light grey and they shimmer in the dark. I do this so I don't seem weird.  oh look there's the weird wolf girl, don't adopt me.

I grab my skateboard and ride through the long narrow hallways. till a get to the stairs. as I slide down the bannister of the stairs I catch a glimpse of the time, 12:33. shit. I'm late for lunch. I was excited about lunch but now I'm not so sure: I've got my pizza from yesterday which I bought while out walking the orphanage dog. when I get to the bottom of the stairs I jump back onto my board trying to make a quick bolt to the door but I was looking into the room where you get chosen to be questioned, I see Emria looking for me, I feel like a dick. but I keep skating to the door as I get to the door I run into somebody.

"sorry, I should have looked where I was going"I state as I check if my board was alright because it cost a fortune to get an even more to fix.

"no, it's my fault, I was out of it as well." I recognised the man's voice I just couldn't pinpoint it. then I looked up to see him, It was markiplier. 

"well ill be on my way then"I go skating off but my arm was grabbed. "what!"

"sorry, do you live here?"

"yeah, why?"

"shouldn't you be in there waiting to see if anyone chooses you?"

"well, yeah I should be but no one ever chooses me so I've given up on trying"

marks POV

that sentence broke my heart, she had given up on trying. did people really not want her? was she really that bad? but what broke me, even more, was the next sentence that came out of her mouth.

"yeah, the amount of times id go to bed crying that's what made me stop going. I just started limiting my self off, shutting people out, pretending I'm fine."

no child deserves to go through pain like this. I turn back to respond but she was already gone. I didn't even get her name, but I know what child I want.

Mollie's POV

why did I open up to him like that? I mean I've only ever heard him on a screen. never in front of me. wait. why was he even here? that doesn't matter he would never adopt me, the kid who told him her life story the second she met him. ugh. I hate my self. nevermind, I head my way to the library, the only quiet place in this hell hole. 

when I get there I head to my usual spot; upstairs in the corner where no one can see me. the second I turn the corner someone else is there. she looks up at me, wow shes pretty.  woah, girl, you haven't even said hi to her. 

"Hey," I say awkwardly raising my hand to wave, omg you didn't just do that, did you? 

"hi, I don't think I've seen you here before"

"Yeah, I don't have a lot of time to get out of my house." I lie, I don't think I want her to know I'm an orphan. "what are you reading?"

"Oh, I'm reading a book called 'monster republic'."

"can I read a page maybe?"

"yeah go ahead," she passes me the book I start to read the first page "I'm gonna go look at a book over there." she points over to the bookcase the other side of the room. 

"Okay," I tell her with a smile on my face. I quickly get a notebook out and write my number down slip it in the book and continued to read. she comes and sits down, I pass her the book back.

"I like that book, its pretty interesting, ill have to check it out."

"that's good because I got you a copy of the book so we could read it together and start a book club maybe?"

"I would love to but I've got to leave to get home. see you next Friday?"

"of course" I get up and leave, checking the book out on the way out and skate back to the orphanage. when I get in Emira is right at the entrance fuming mad also with Mrs gover and mark. shit, I've messed up. when I get to the entrance Emira is the first to come up to me.

"I trusted you, I thought you said you'd do it for me?"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been such a dick." Emira hugs me, I hug back.

"yeah you shouldn't have been, I still love you though." then Mrs gover comes up to me, she hated my guts. she has wanted to kick me out since day one but she can't that's the only reason she kept me.

"Mollie, you scared me. don't ever stay out this late again, you hear me?" she's acting nice in front of Mark. just wait till he's left she'll probably punch me and drag me out my room when the little ones are asleep.

"yes, Mrs gover," I say in a monotone voice. mark now walks over to me, he can see the confusion in my eyes.

"why do you care so much? no one ever cares about me."

"because you're my child,"

"what!"

"Yeah, I adopted you. you need to go pack your bags you leave tomorrow morning." I'm speechless, all I do it hug him. he hugs back.

I walk inside and quietly walk to my room.stuff everything into my duffel bag leaving clothes out and my army coat my dad got me for my first birthday always saying how I would grow into it. with all the excitement I forgot about Mrs gover. suddenly I got dragged by my hair, punched over and over again. then it stopped I was left on the floor; bleeding.