Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"No problem." Joe says, patting my back comfortingly. After another moment, we pull apart.

"Is there anything else you want to talk about?" I ask.

"Nope. Unless there's something else bothering you?" Joe shrugs.

"No, that's the only thing that was bothering me." I answer.

"Alright, cool. On another note, Iris would love to see you again soon."

"I know, Dad and I will have to organize a time with you to catch up." I nod. Suddenly, there is a knock on the door outside of the lab. Cisco peeks his head around the door. "Can we come in now?" He asks curiously. I quickly make my face blurry again, even though I'm getting tired of it. "Yeah, sure." Joe replies. Caitlin, Cisco and Scott all file back into the room. "How many more metas are out there? How long do you think it will take us to catch them?" I ask the group, manipulating my voice once again. "I don't know, it really depends on how many metahumans there are, what they can do and what their weaknesses are." Cisco says.

"What's your weakness, Flash?" Scott asks out of the blue. The room goes dead silent. I look over at Scott, unsure of what to say. "I don't think that's your concern." Caitlin answers for me. Scott looks from me to Caitlin, unhappy with her answer. "The people I care about and love. I would do anything to protect them." I admit finally. Scott gives me a smile.

"Well, that makes two of us then." He comments. I chuckle.

"Yeah, I guess so." I add. A few moments of cutting silence passes through the group.

"Do you think we are done for the day? I'm really tired." I sigh, looking forward to going back home. Suddenly I remember the metas who are apparently making their way towards Beacon Hills. I'll probably need some rest before I can take on a group of them. If I keep training, I'm sure my endurance levels will go up, so I can aim for that in the future. "Yeah, sure. I think you need the rest." Caitlin nods.

"Cool. I'll see you guys later. I'll just need to take Scott home." I tell the group.

"Alright, see you later." Cisco waves, Caitlin joining in a couple seconds later. I walk over to Scott.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask, my vocal chords vibrating at an unusual frequency, my face still a blur.

"Yeah. Let's go." Scott agrees. I pick him up and run out of Star Labs and away from Central City. As we leave the main city, I start to pick up more speed. I take in the feeling of the wind rushing past my face, my feet furiously pounding the ground below me. There really is no feeling like this. Within 10 minutes, I've made it back to Beacon Hills. I'm thankful to see that Scott hasn't turned into a barbecue. I slow down a little bit as I enter town. I finally skid to a halt outside of Scott's house. I place Scott on the ground. "Sorry about your face." I comment, referring to the huge gash he got earlier today. Thankfully, that's healed quite nicely. "It's fine. Literally. I heal fast." Scott grins.

"Lucky you." I reply.

"Hopefully I'll see you around, Scott McCall." I add as I start to walk down the stairs of his porch.

"Yeah, maybe." Scott says with the hint of a smile. With that, I turn around and sprint away. I decide to head out of town first, so Scott doesn't get suspicious. Once I'm a few miles out of town, I turn back around and run to my house. When I finally get there, I collapse onto the sofa in the living room and groan. I feel exhausted. I decide that I'm going to call it a night. I get up off the sofa and walk up to my room. I change out of the suit and into some pajamas. I can have a shower in the morning. As for the suit, I stuff it back into the box and store it in its usual hiding place. I walk over to the light switch and turn it off. I then make my way over to my bed and jump onto it. I sigh happily as I settle down beneath the covers. I close my eyes and soon enough, I fall asleep.