Chapter Sixteen

Stiles POV

A week has passed, and I'm still in Central City. I know that my family and friends will be worrying like crazy, but Wells assures me that everything is fine and under control. He said that he actually told my dad I was here. My dad would then very likely tell the pack, so that gives me some comfort. On another note, I've been running around the city saving people from your normal daily accidents to villainous metahumans. I've already managed to capture two of them. I'm pretty satisfied with my work, as is the team at Star Labs. I run through the city at incredible speeds, leaving an orange streak behind me. People have started noticing me here too. More news reporters have been talking about me on their stations. They try to tell the story differently to stand out, but one fact remains the same. No one knows who the Flash is, which is a relief to me. As I run by, I see a car about to collide into a pedestrian. I speed over to the pedestrian and get them out of the way in the blink of an eye. I place them on the side walk. Time reverts back to normal. "Thank you," the man gasps. I smile. "Just doing my job." I reply before I continue running. Within a minute, I arrive at Star Labs. I run up the stairs and into the main laboratory where my new friends are waiting for me. I skid to a halt in front of the computer desk where the three scientists were sitting. I look down and watch as the orange, flickering lightning radiating from my body slowly fades away. I then turn my attention to Harrison Wells, Cisco and Caitlin. I grin and pull the mask off my face. "Another dozen lives saved." I report. Cisco gets up from the desk and walks around to me.

"Nice job, dude!" He says, giving me a high five.

"You almost got killed when you were facing that metahuman with heat vision." Caitlin critiques.

"Yeah. Almost. I dodged him." I speak like I'm trying to get a little kid to understand. Caitlin just rolls her eyes.

"Don't get too boastful, Mr Stilinski." Doctor Wells warns.

"Don't worry, I won't. I was just having a little fun." I laugh. Doctor Wells just chuckles at me before walking away from the desk and out of the lab. This leaves Cisco, Caitlin and I. "What do you guys wanna do?" Cisco asks. Caitlin shrugs.

"Well, we gotta do something. Stiles needs a break from saving people." Cisco says, nudging my arm. I roll my eyes playfully. Suddenly, I have a thought. "Hey, Cisco, can I borrow your phone?" I ask hopefully.

"What for?" He asks in curiosity.

"Well, I've kind of been wanting to ask this for the last couple of days, but it has slipped my mind because of all that has been happening." I ramble on.

"Yeah, okay, get to the point." Cisco nods.

"Well, I just wanted to make a few phone calls home. To check up on everybody." I finish. Cisco and Caitlin exchange worried looks. "Look, Stiles-" Caitlin begins, but I cut her off.

"Don't worry, I won't be too long! I just need to tell them that I'm alright." I plead.

"I don't know..." Cisco sighs.

"Why not? Okay, fine. I won't talk to all of my friends. But you've got to at least let me talk to my dad. He was supposed to get out of surgery a few days ago! You've got to let me talk to him and say that I'm alright." I counter. The two scientists exchange nervous and worried looks again. "Stiles..." Caitlin tries to begin, but doesn't know what to say next. I step back from them. "What's going on here?" I ask suspiciously. Why were they so against me from using the phone?

"I need to talk to my father!" I state, not backing down. Cisco and Caitlin sigh.

"Wait... Did Wells even tell my father that I was here?" I ask quietly. Neither of them answer.