Be my friend. That's an order.

A/N *clears throat* This whole fanfic is dedicated to BBQ-kun, aka ---Creativity---!! I hope I meet your expectations and you're okay with this one instead of the other one, I have my reasons... Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

One week before the first day of elementary, year XX10, Thursday, 03:26 PM, exactly four minutes before his father would take a break from work and spend time with him. He was six years old, smaller than most kids and wearing his favourite necklace, a small locket on a silver chain that was given to him by the pretty girl next door. It contained a picture of his mother who had passed away two years ago.

The bell rang while he was reading a book about dinosaurs and, being the good son he was, he stood up and opened the door. The maids and butlers had off that day.

In front of him stood a tall boy, taller than most kids he's seen, he was probably nine or ten years old. In his hands was a nicely decorated basket with fruits, two loafs of bread and a purple bow on the handle. The stranger's hair was a fiery red colour he'd never seen before and his eyes were a light shade of gold.

"H-hello, I am Akabane Karma and my family a-and I just moved into this neighbourhood and m-mom said I should give this basket to this house a-as a greeting" the boy, Akabane Karma, said as he bowed with a wild blush on his face.

He blinked up at the flustered boy after eyeing the basket for a while. Akabane Karma was obviously uncomfortable with the silence that stretched on, since he started fiddling with the ribbon and avoided eye contact, only glancing at Gakushuu a few times to see if his expression had changed.

"Gakushuu? There you are, what are you doing?" his father's voice appeared from behind him, he turned and nodded in greeting when he saw the man.

He gestured at Akabane and the basket, "Hello, father. This is Akabane Karma-kun, our new neighbour. He is giving us a greeting gift." he explained.

"I see. Have you introduced yourself?" The elder Asano asked his son who smiled at him innocently.

"Not yet, father." he turned around again and smiled at the taller boy. "My name is Asano Gakushuu, it's a pleasure to meet you." he bowed.

The poor boy seemed to get more flustered with every second, it was starting to get hard to distinguish between his face and his hair. His hands started shaking and it was very obvious that the basket would fall down if he'd hold it any longer, so Gakushuu took it from him gently.

"Well, we better go now, my break is only half an hour. It was nice meeting you, Akabane-kun" his father smiled and waved when the boy left with a quick goodbye.

The first meeting wasn't so spectacular.

________

Gakushuu would often see the redhead stare at him when he paraded around outside with a group of children (minions) following him.

The other never joined, and never talked to him, though. Not that he minded, he was completely fine with the amount of kids (peasants) he currently played with (controlled).

The boy was older than him anyways, it wasn't like he'll ever spend time with him.

________

Their second meeting was much more special.

"Hello, children! My name is Furiki Kira, and I will be teaching you this year, and hopefully in the next two years too!" a blonde woman, with brown eyes and red glasses introduced herself to the various children in front of her. They responded with a "Nice to meet you, Furiki-sensei!".

She smiled brightly and looked at all the new and interesting faces. "Now, let's introduce ourselves, shall we? I'll start. I like chocolate pudding, my favourite colour is yellow and I have a dog called Kayla!" she said and looked over at a girl in the front, right corner. "How about we start with you and just continue in a line, okay? Tell us about yourself, young lady."

The girl introduced herself, confidently stating she had won multiple competitions and was the best rider in her club.

After her came another girl, probably her friend, who said she wanted to be a vet one day.

Next came a boy who said he wanted to be a pilot and secret agent.

Next came Gakushuu. "Asano Gakushuu. I like dogs but I've never owned one before. Sometimes our neighbour lets me take care of her dog, he's very well-behaved. His name is Mojo." he didn't say more.

He listened half-heartedly to the next ones, remembering only their names and important stuff so he could use that to make himself likeable and eventually create an army.

There was one person he listened to, though.

"I-I'm Akabane K-Karma" huh, so he wasn't ten? "I l-like cats. I used t-t-to t-take care o-of a few s-strays." the poor kid's voice dwindled and faded at the end and everyone had to be extremely silent to hear the last word.

Furiki-sensei beamed at him and directed the others' attention to herself by clapping and saying, "That's everyone! Now, why don't we get started with our first lesson?"

Throughout the lessons, Gakushuu had learned that Akabane was surprisingly smart, always handing in the papers either before, a few seconds after or exactly when he himself had. Asking questions about things that showed he listened and understood, but only wanted clarification. He seemed like a likeable person.

When lunch break started, Asano packed out his lunch box that contained a sandwich cut into four little pieces.

He looked around the room and watched as the others awkwardly or not-so-awkwardly tried to befriend someone and as little groups started to build slowly. The redhead remained in his seat.

Gakushuu approached him, not really knowing why he chose to do so. He looked at him as blankly as he could. "Hello, Akabane-kun. I didn't expect to see you in my class."

"A-ah, hello A-Asano-kun! How c-can I help y-you?" Karma looked up at him, trembling slightly. Gakushuu furrowed his eyebrows and asked himself the same question.

Akabane taller than most kids in this class. Even if we are just children, if I'd 'befriend' him, I'll have quicker access to power. If I can make Akabane a bit more confident, we could rule the world. King Asano Gakushuu and his second-in-command Akabane Karma. Yes, that could work.

"I'd like to be your friend" it rolled off his tongue so smoothly, it seemed like he's said it his whole life. Which wasn't entirely untrue, but he usually let other people introduce themselves first.

Karma stared at him for a few seconds before the sweetest smile spread across his face. He nodded and cocked his head to the side.

"I-I'd like that t-too"

And thus, their friendship began.

A/N There ya go! I'm really not sure if this chapter seems... Okay enough...

AND YES, I KNOW KARMA IS VERY OOC, BUT THAT'S (not really?) NECESSARY FOR THE PLOT AND FOR THE FLUFF AND FOR MY HEART.

He's gonna be his normal, strawberry juice sipping self in a few chapters, no need to worry~~ And yeah, Gakushuu's way too focused on being king or stuff like that but I'm too tired to explain that.

Anyways, thank you for reading, I love you like I love schnitzel! See ya!