Here It Comes

Autumn and I got into the car and I started to drive. We ended up back at her house at 11:30. Her mom was sleeping on the couch, curled up in a ball. We snuck upstairs quickly and quietly. I plugged in my phone and the messages came pouring in.

Cole:
How could you pass me by? I forgive you! Just meet me at the park tomorrow at 2. ;)

Amber:
Oh Rose, its just a joke. Kyle doesn't like you. He is being forced to talk to you. I'm going to get to the bottom of it. Don't you worry. Or maybe you should worry.

Kyle:
Don't listen to Amber. I do like you. I promise I'm not lying. I do like you! Call me back later.(;

Autumn:
Rose, stop looking at your phone!!:D

I look up from my phone and smiled at Autumn. We both laughed at each other and I put my phone down.

"So, Rose, what's up with you?" I knew what she meant. I chose to act clueless.

"Well I see the sky and the stars. Those are up aren't they?" I say trying to sound clueless.

"You know what I mean Rose."

I hesitate to answer her. Then my heart decided to pour out my emotions,  "Amber is threatening to hurt the people I care about and hurt me and she is going to mess with Kyle and-"  I say in one long breath before being interrupted by Autumn's reassuring voice.

"Rose you know its fine. She can't do anything to hurt you. She thinks she's so tough and outgoing but you used to be the same way, you are not going to let some snotty cheerleader bring you down." I gave her a weak smile.

Why did she bring up me used to being outgoing? She is the second one to do that today?

Maybe she was right. She was only going to threaten me more. She is never actually going to do something.  Autumn was wrong. Amber was going to try more than just pretend.