Chapter 29

Guards and maids were running around the castle, confusion written on their faces, frantically searching for something. Or someone, that is of course until they finally met my gaze and notice what was lying in my arms.

The doctors door was already in view, one that I've grown awfully familiar these past few weeks.

"How could that happen ? Nobody can disappear into thin air like that ! Give me an explanation !" My betas voice boomed across the hallway, making several bodies run the other direction sensing the anger filling the room.

Everyone seemed to freeze on their spot once laying eyes upon myself and Ophelia, aunt Ammelia crying out in joy before running to Ophelias bed. 

"How..?"

"I can't explain, it was like a dream. A challenge almost to see if I was capable enough to save her from the house." Anyone witnessing what I was saying would possibly think I was crazy, yet I could not explain it with any other words.

"She appears to be just sleeping, lack of energy due to low nutrition and hydration. Other than that she appears to be perfectly fine." I nodded retrieving to my chambers, another night alone. Peacefully knowing she'll be back to her rule soon.

~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

Not even a full day passed and complications arose once again. Ophelia awoke, sure. But she wasent among us, she was dazed. After suffering the lot as her, the doctor said is was psychological, physically she was healed but mentally she was unstable.

I sat before her on her bed, staring into her eyes before she briefly turned to me. I laced my fingers through hers, attempting to comfort her seeing colour flush through her cheeks.

"Will you stay with me tonight ?" Her eyes begged me, her voice soft. I nodded in agreement, gathering her up into my arms.

"Alpha Nathaniel I think she should stay here another night."

"She is mentally drained, she needs to return to a place where she is comfortable. Besides, our chambers are only a few corridors away." I walked away before the doctor could continue arguing.

I lay her carefully on the bed, her eyes opening and closing lightly as if she tried to remain in focus but drifted to sleep anyway. I slid under the covers by her side trying not to wake her, instead she turned her body to mine, wrapping her arms around my torso.

I smiled, brushing her hair lightly hearing her humming quietly in her sleep knowing she was finally sleeping peacefully.

~.              ~.                 ~.                    ~.  

I felt useless, drained out of life as if I had never been alive. My last breath escaping past my lips as I lay on the forest floors. Yet I felt my heart beating in my chest once again, feeling warmth brush through my veins turning my head to the side for a brief moment, long enough to see my saviour.

My mate had finally found me.