chapter twenty two

We arrived in the black carriage with white horses pulling it at the front, people standing outside the large church awaiting to see a glimpse of the new bride and groom who's already waiting inside. I felt sick, my stomach turning every time. My head spun a little, my throat going dry once we stopped before the large door.

I couldn't breath, my heart pounded against my ribcage. Ringing in my ears got louder by each second until the music began, taking my que Xavier taking he's place by my side instead of my father. He gave me a warm smile for reassurance, before the doors opened wide revealing me to hundreds of people and the one and only Nathaniel.

I swallowed heavily, chanting the steps over and over in my head so I wouldn't get this wrong. But that wasn't until the cousins, their mates and children went before me. The bridesmaids and groomsmen along with my little flower girl, the two others standing behind me to hold the long trail.

"Are you ready ?" Xavier whispered quietly, just seconds before we were about to step out to the crowed. But I couldn't change my mind, I didn't even want to. It was too late anyway, everyone stood up once the chant began and everybody's attention turned to me.

We walked steadily, locking eyes with people standing only recognising a few. I smiled warmly hoping no one could ready the nervousness from my eyes, hidden under the lace veil. And there he was, standing staring at him. With a pleasantly shocked expression on he's face, taking in every detail of what I looked like. He's eyes travelling up and down my dress before locking onto my eyes.

My heart skipped a beat, a warm emotion filling my body all my worries washing away. I smiled at Xavier who handed me over, catching a glimpse of Ammelia lightly sobbing. Isabella taking my flowers from me, everyone seemed overwhelmed with all the emotions gathering at once. It went by in a blur, exchanging our promises hoping they will grow to its truth.

"Do you, Ophelia Lockhart take Nathaniel Donafrio as your husband ?" I gulped at the question, slowly Looking up to meet nates eyes. It was a brief moment, one where everybody stopped breathing awaiting the answer.

"I do." I whispered with a smile curling on my lips, the entire room seemed to release the breath they have been holding, along with Nathaniel.

"I pronoun you man and wife, you may kiss the bride." He lifted the veil to uncover my face, he's hand sliding down my waist pulling me close to press our bodies together. I smiled resting my hands on he's chest, seeing him inch closer to me.

My stomach fluttered at the soft touch of he's lips, clutching he's body tighter our kiss deepening not taking notice of the cheers erupting behind us.

"That's my boy ! Show them how The Donafrios do it." Damien shouted out and I couldn't help but laugh, pulling away from the kiss. Nathaniel turned to he's three cousins, giving them each a high five before turning back to me, intertwining he's fingers with mine.

We walked down the aisle, smiling and waving at them all. Aunt Ammelia wiping away her tears, making my heart soften. We were followed out by the three other couples, cameras waiting for us outside ready to take our photos to put into today's and tomorrow's papers.

Now it was time to take it back to the castle, celebrate the big day until the sun goes down. My body was bursting with emotions and happiness, so far it was going exactly how I wanted.

Perfectly.

Nathaniel wasn't he's cold self, he was being the mate i always wanted but who knows how long this will take.