Free

Chapter 2

Ariadne POV

I watched my mom stop in her tracks on the way out to us. I know that look. She is getting images of the future. But I can feel this one is different. I can sense it. Everyone she gets I'm afraid its going to show her that Zeus has escaped. We have all heard how Zeus killed my mom but dad was able to bring her back. I'm scared when he does escape that if he can't have her he will kill her. Aaron and I have trained all our life for this. We were born gods but we can still shift into wolves like mom. We both want to be prepared for the day he comes for her. Neither of us will let her be taken without a fight. She is the heart and soul of our pack and the gods. I know my nan won't let her be taken. She is going to fight with everything she has to protect her, all of us will.

                                          I watch mom start walking again looking for someone as she watches us train. I see nan catch her eye and walk towards us. I tried to listen to what they were saying but they only started to talk when they were too far away. I looked at Aaron and saw him watching aswell. He looked at me with a worried expression both of us know what this means, we dont have to hear to know, Zeus escaped. We got back to training, now knowing we are going to be fighting soon. Aaron and I usually practice our powers alone by ourselves, the pack knows we are gods but we dont show off with our powers. But one thing we found out while we were practicing was that we can combine our powers, it must be because were twins and our connection. Aaron has control over shadows and I have control over light. If we make contact we can combine the two. Aaron and I can make shields with our powers, my light and his shadows can wrap around each other making it stronger. Aaron and I can knock people senses out by blinding them with darkness or blinding them with light. We have kept it a secret, hoping it becomes strong enough to shield Zeus. We have been trying to make it bend into a cage to hold him til the Erinyes come and order his punishment.

                      After training Aaron and I headed for the pack house in silence with his arm around my shoulder.

"Try not to worry Aria" Aaron said using my nickname that only he is allowed to use.

"I know, I'm just scared for mom, I dont want us to lose her, I just hope were strong enough to help fight and protect her" I said leaning into him.

"We have nearly all the gods on our side, he is going to have to put up one hell of a fight, he won't get through dad and me, mom has two protectors looking after her" he said.

"Dont I know it, no one gets past you two when it comes to me" I said giving him a nudge as he laughed.

"What, can have some playboy trying to hit on you and if they were good enough for you they wouldn't go running scared once they saw me" he said.

"Who wouldn't run away from you, have you seen you lately, your massive and packed with more muscle than all the boys your age put together" I said, he really has grown so much bigger in the last year, hence why every slut here tries to latch onto him, lets just put it this way, he isn't the only one that can make people go running scared.

We separated as we got inside so we could go get cleaned up. I headed for my room and rooted through my wardrobe to get clothes and underwear before I walked into my bathroom. I turned on the shower, stripped off and stepped into the shower. My body just relaxed instantly as the water poured down on me. I scrubbed my body clean after all the training today. Just as I closed my eyes and let the water flow down me, I heard our moms voice through our mind link.

"Pack meeting tonight at eight, everyone is to attend, no excuses"

Hearing that alone confirmed what I thought earlyer, Zeus must be free, mom never puts her dont down about attendance as some of the members work night shifts. The reality is kicking in big time, we knew he could escape but actually known he escaped just made this real. He is free and coming here, but he won't get to take what he wants, he needs to realise he can't always have whatever he wants.