thirteen | valentine's day

T H I R T E E N

Everyone at school had marked the date 14th of February on their calendar. You? It was pretty much a normal day for you since you broke up with Dazai. Valentine made you sick this year. Regardless, everyone handed out chocolates to their crushes and even confessed their love. Even the teachers got chocolates and gave out some as well. You surprisingly got chocolates as well and a few confessions.

When you came back from the lunch break, you saw Chuuya sitting on his desk filled with letters and chocolates. You whistled.

"Wow~ I didn't know you were a chick magnet~" you teased as Chuuya blushed madly. He had a couple of pink letters in his hand.

"Damn, these love letters are pretty well thought out... It makes me flustered..." he mumbled, still blushing madly. You ruffled his hair.

"Go get 'em tiger! Your sharp and handsome, you can get yourself a girl in no time!" you cheered.

Wait, did you just call Chuuya handsome?

The blush on his cheeks were even formed deeper than before. He didn't know that he seemed handsome to you. "No... I can't." he whispered.

"All these love letters and none of them strike your interest? You must be picky when it comes to girlfriends..." you sighed as your sat down, putting away your bento.

"I can't because I already have a person I like but her letters or her chocolates aren't in here..." he could feel himself sweating now because he was blushing so much and he knew you weren't dense.

Your eyes sparkled. "Ohoho!! I knew Chuuya had a girl he liked! Who is it, who is it???" you grabbed his shoulders, shaking him back and forth.

He took that back. You were dense after all.

"I-I can't tell you that!"

"Why not? I might know her! And since you helped me with my relationship with that two faced, I should help you this time!!"

"No... I can't." Chuuya's blush faded away and he suddenly felt the pain in his chest grow more.

You frowned. "Alright. I won't push you, but if you need help just ask me! I need to return you a favor after all the things you did to me!" you winked, making him flush.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅    

He only had a few hours till this day ends. He needed to hand the box of chocolates to you. But how? He was terrified, afraid. Afraid that you might turn it down and break the friendship. He wanted to be at least your best friend. Plus, you recently got cheated on so maybe you weren't looking for a relationship. Chuuya witnessed most of the confessions you got from the guys but you turned it all down.

"What are you scared of?" the other boys in his class surrounded him when you were out in the halls running errands for teachers during break.

"Rejection, pain, suffer, breaking our friendship... You know, all that." Chuuya stated bluntly, staring at the pink heart shaped box of chocolates that was tied with a red ribbon.

"You're such a pessimist! You don't know if you try!"

"Yeah, yeah! You have to or else you'll never get to tell her how you truly feel!" they kept going on and on until Chuuya stood up from his chair.

"Oh! Is he gonna do it?!"

"Since you all won't stop yammering about it..." Chuuya grumbled, a slight tint of pink dusted on his cheeks as he walked out in the halls, his box of chocolates hidden behind his back. His heart thumped against his rib cage as he walked over to you. You were holding a stack of books that were up close to your chin as you made your way towards him.