Chapter 3

Richard

The moment he sets foot on their house, he lazily walks to his bathroom to get himself a hot shower. He attended three meetings today, one after the other, and to say he was exhausted was an understatement. He also made a mental note to never use his phone during meetings ever again, afraid his slip might happen and embarrass him more than last time. He should have took note of that long ago considering he was a businessperson but sometimes, he just can't help but look at his phone when caffeine doesn't seem to work its magic on him.

He steps out of the shower half an hour later and grabs a pair of boxers from his cabinet, not bothering to wear a shirt. He walks to the bed and uses his right hand to get his phone, his other shaking water off his hair with a towel, a few droplets trickling down his chest. He tries to unlock his phone and sees nothing but black.

"Agh, I forgot," he scolds himself as he connects his phone to a powerbank. While waiting for his phone to charge, he turns the TV on and the first thing he sees is Maine. He couldn't help the smile slowly creeping up his lips as he watches his crush act. This was her second teleserye and she has improved from the first time he saw her act. He couldn't help but gush at how pretty she looked despite her simplicity and how great of an actress she has become in a short span of time. He was a proud fan.

His eyes were glued to the television when Maine's love team partner, Derek Montenegro enters the frame. RJ's face turns sour and he rolls his eyes. He didn't like him not because he was her onscreen partner, but because he has experienced his assholeness firsthand when their restaurant was chosen as venue for a party Derek threw and RJ was there to oversee his employees' work. He just wishes he doesn't treat Maine that way.

RJ turns to his phone instead to see that it was already on 18% so he turns it on, heading straight to the email app but then his phone lags and hangs due to the number of notifications he was getting.

"Ano 'to?" he furrows his brows and questioningly checks to see twitter notifs from Maine's fans and from his friends congratulating him. He finally opens the app and sees what the commotion was all about. She quoted his tweet.

She. Quoted. His. Tweet.

He can die happily now.

He reads her tweet over and over again to see if it was actually real.

"Totoo ba 'to? Nananaginip ba ako?" he nervously chuckles. "And of all my tweets to her, ito pa talaga ang nakita niya?"

He takes a screenshot as a souvenir in case she decides to delete her tweet. He then types to tweet something.

"NANANAGINIP BA AKO? SERYOSO BA 'TO? SHET LABYU @mainedcm"

Teka lang, masyadong fanboy. Medyo kalmahan natin.

"Thanks for the QT! RT and spread. @mainedcm"

Ang gago lang hahaha.

"Thank you, @mainedcm."

Masyado namang kalma, which is far from what I am feeling right now.

He finally types exactly what he was feeling at the moment. A short but sweet message. A tweet containing his happiness behind a calm and composed façade.

 A tweet containing his happiness behind a calm and composed façade