Formula One

Kim Taehyung was a more than just your average student. He is the top of the class and the most favored among students. Teachers would often ask him to work with them for the next lesson they would teach to their classes, and that is why Kim Taehyung is still at school at eight freaking o'clock in the evening, arranging some paperwork for the finalization for their Chemistry lecture for the next week. Taehyung sighs as he ruffles his hair, at last, he is done for the night and is ready to go home. He stretches his muscles first before standing up. Picking up his backpack and taking a final look at his work. He mentally pats himself in the back, Well done, Taehyung.

As he is just about to walk out, he hears something really peculiar. No, not like any ghost sounds or any creepy stuff. Just a little squeaking of the class bunny that is nibbling on a carrot.

"Hello, Kookie." Taehyung says. Out of instinct, the animal curls up to a ball in the corner of his cage, the brown haired boy felt tingly inside when he sees the tiny creature act shyly. He picks up the bunny. Kookie is known to be the cutest of the science laboratory animals they have. Kookie has white, cottony fur, pink fluffy ears, black doe eyes, black button nose and his size is that of only a hand of a person.

 Kookie has white, cottony fur, pink fluffy ears, black doe eyes, black button nose and his size is that of only a hand of a person

Taehyung nuzzles his nose unto Kookie's which wiggles that made Taehyung giggle. "You're really cute." Taehyung turns to his teacher at the desk adjacent to where he previously sat. "Teacher Bom, can I take Kookie home with me for the weekend? He kinda looks lonely." The teacher smiles at her student and agreed, since Kookie hasn't really gone to the outside world, Taehyung might as well take him.

🐇

Taehyung takes a bus home carrying the little ball of fluff around in his large hands. A red scarf is keeping the bunny warm. Taehyung coos as his bunny snuggles closer to the fabric. "I promise I'm going to take care of you, Kookie." Taehyung didn't know why but he felt happy around the little bunny all curled up in his palm. He is nearing his stop so he gets ready to go down, carefully not to wake up Kookie.

"We're almost home, Kookie." They near Taehyung's house and finally, they arrive.

Taehyung silently opens the door, he struggles to take off his shoes with one hand since he doesn't want to let go of a sleeping Kookie "I'm home." he announces after he successfully managed to get his shoes off.

"Hello, Taehyung. I see you've brought a friend."

"Yes, dad. He's really cute, isn't he? This is Kookie, he's the class pet. I have him for the weekend." Taehyung holds Kookie up proudly, the bunny wiggles around his hands and rolls around the scarf around it, Baekhyun suddenly squeals because of cuteness. "Omo, he's so cute, Tae!"

"Dad, you might wake him up!" Taehyung quietly exclaims because Baekhyun had been patting the bunny's head which made Kookie shift in Taehyung's palms, Taehyung is afraid Kookie might wake up from his peaceful slumber. "Sorry, geez. Anyway, I've prepared dinner. Your father will be arriving later tonight so we can't join you for dinner."

"That's okay. Do we have some carrots?"

"Yes, they're in the fridge, dear."

After dinner, Taehyung immediately runs to his room with Kookie in his hold. He can't wait to spend the night together with him. Then tomorrow, Taehyung will try out some experiments he'd been dying to try since Tuesday. It was something about changing the properties of atoms and altering the DNA molecular structure of one specie to form another or something of the like. Taehyung did love to play with (safe) chemical equipment and what not since he's been interested on Science, especially Chemistry and Physics, for the past 17 years of his life. Yes, he did science experiments since he was in Baekhyun's tummy (figurative speech¹).

"Wait right there, little fella. I will make you a bed of your own so you'd feel comfortable." Taehyung sets Kookie down on his bed and the bunny shuffles a bit, his paw scratches his nose a little and rolls on his back. The boy laughs softly because he's talking to a sleeping, little bunny that can't even understand a word he is saying.

There are quite a few times that Taehyung acts like a kid again. Despite him being a senior, he couldn't help but fanboy over cute, small, little, tiny, adorable things that makes him want to stuff everything in his pockets. I guess you could say Taehyung has a soft spot for little items such as Kookie.

Taehyung then finishes making Kookie's bed and by that time, Kookie is awake and is hopping about, exploring the (in his eyes) huge, new room he is able to play in. "Good evening, Kookie. Did you have a nice sleep?" Kookie hops onto him and snuggles into Taehyung's lap and the human instinctively caresses the fluff before carrying him to the makeshift bed on Taehyung's study table, he even laid out some small carrots for Kookie to munch on.

"You can sleep here for tonight, Kookie. Good night." Taehyung is about to leave the bunny behind to get some shut eye of his own when Kookie suddenly hops towards him and Taehyung scoops the bunny up in his arms. "Do you want to sleep beside me, Kookie?" As if answering, Kookie nestles closer towards Taehyung's chest, "Well, I guess that's a yes then. Just don't poop on the bed, okay?"

That night, Taehyung slept beside Kookie and he couldn't be happier holding the tiny creature in his hands.