BEFORE

Alia White could hear the obnoxious sound of pecking at her bedroom window as she exited the bathroom that had thankfully been built conjoined with her room. She passed it off as an annoying stick as she brushed her frizzy hair out.

The noise seemed to become louder than it was prior, making her finally turn to see what it was. She approached the window before pulling back the curtain. The tree by her window wasn't even moving, therefore that was marked off her list of ideas.

As she looked down, she was met with a shadow figure. In result, she held back a scream before quickly opening up her window.

"Shut the hell up." She whisper-yelled, making whoever it was stop themselves from throwing yet another object from their hand.

"Are you Anna?" The male voice seemed to stutter out, making Alia furrow her brows.

"What? No!" She leaned out the window, getting a better view of the teen that stood on the ground below.

"She broke up with me." He continued in a rather broken-hearted tone. "I'm just trying to find her. I wanna ask her why."

She frowned at his words, noticing how they were also slurring. "Are you drunk?"

It was silent before he responded to her question. "Maybe."

He stared in confusion as she disappeared from the window before moments later, the door to the backyard opened up.

"You're lucky my parents are out of town." She hissed as she stood against the doorframe.

"I'm not lucky at all." He replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Okay, I'm not letting you leave until you're sober enough to get home. That way I can at least know you'll be safe." She stated as she finally approached the male.

"You're nice." He mumbled. "Hi, nice."

"That's not my name." She muttered as she placed a hand on his shoulder. His bottom lip was jutted out as he slouched a bit, his eyes dull.

"I know. We have school together." He hiccuped as he finished his statement.

"Right, you're the asshole who treats me and my friends like shit. Either way, I'm helping you because I'm not a total bitch." She replied blatantly as she began to walk him towards the backdoor.

He gave her a saddened look. "I'm sorry."