On the sofa sat a bag from a boutique called 'totally lushlous", Iv seen it in the magazines... It's a expensive brand for teenagers.

"You didn't have to!" I said as I hugged Amber.

"You haven't even seen it yet honey, you'll love it." She smiled.

I took it out of the bag, it was a jean jacket with prints all over it. I looked at the receipt, $260!

"It matches mine!" Ava said as she got a jacket out of another bag.

"Thank you so much, it's beautiful." I smiled.

"Let's go play fancy dress in my room Maya!" Ava said grabbing my hand, I put on the jacket it fit perfectly.

Ava's rooms was on the attic level, so we had to go past Farkles rooms. Whilst making my way up the stairs, clutching onto Ava's hand, I saw Lucas sitting on his own in a dirty soccer kit.

I stopped for a moment and Ava tried to pull me, "come on!" She said.

"I'll meet you up there, just a second okay?"

"Fine" she said as she ran up to the top floor.

I knocked on Farkles door, he wasn't in the room. "Everything okay Cowboy?"

"Cowboy?" He asked, raising his eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, your for Texas so I can only guess." I giggled as I sat next to him on the floor. "Why are you in here on your own and where's my brother?"

"Farkles taking a shower, I'm just waiting for him to get out"

"There's like 4 more bathrooms in the house... What's so special about that one?" I asked sarcastically.

"Nothing, waiting just gives me time to think."

"About what?" I asked.

"I'm only telling you this because your my bestfriends sister"

"Hit me with it already" I joked.

"Actually don't worry..." He sighed.

"Fine, have a nice shower" I said as I walked out the room.

-

I sat outside with my feet in pool, smoking one of my last cigarettes.

"You smoke?" I heard someone say from behind, they closed the back door and sat next to me. It was Lucas.

"Yeah. It calms me down." I bit my lip, "why? are you disgusted by me like most other people my age"

"No I get where your coming from." Lucas said fiddling around in his pocket, "I was the only one in this house who does until you turned up." He slowly pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it. "It calms me too"

"Can you do me a favour and not tell my dad though? I don't want him telling my mum I smoke"

"Sure, is it because you think she'll be disgusted by you too?" He asked.

"Yeah, plus this is her pack and she'll get mad if she found out I stole them" I giggled, so did he. Then we were left in silence. "So, about that thing you was gonna tell me earlier... Wanna tell me now?" I smiled. "I won't tell anyone"

"Pinky promise?" He asked holding out his pinky. I shook it and smiled. "I recently found a certificate saying I was adopted by my parents, and I'm just at that age where I wanna know where I come from... Who I am."

"Have you told them you've seen it?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"That's what Iv been thinking about, how to tell them. How to let them know I wanna meet me birth parents. I just feel like Iv been lied to my whole life..."

"I felt like that too. My dad was with my mom before Amber, he actually cheated on my mom with her. Until I was 10 I believed my dad left because of me, my mom always told me I was wrong. That he left because he didn't really love her. I just feel like I was too much of a surprise to my dad you know, like 'oh I'm having your daughter'. It's because of me he took off and had a family without my mom. Then I just let myself forget about it, believe it was for another reason"

"Deep" Lucas said laughing, "how'd you forget about it?"

"I had great people to help me though life and become who I am to this day. It's because of them"

"I probably don't have many people like them around me..."

"Then go find some" I smiled as I cupped my hand around his.

"You know what" he smiled after taking a puff of his cigarette. "I think I have"