His girl now

(Story by jokers-x-story-x-teller on tumblr)

"Mum, I won't marry this asshole!", you screamed at your mother for the third time now.
„Honey, listen. We haven't much money and when this good looking, rich young man wants to marry you, than you will do it, for us", your mother said more rigid than ever.
„If money is so important for you, then go and marry him by yourself, but I will not do it. I have a job and I can live from the money I get from it. If you need more money so bad, search for a job or anything, but don't bother me with your bullshit, anymore, I'm fucking sick of it!", you yelled and stormed out of your mom's one room flat.
This woman was unbelievable, not even that she forced you to marry a guy you already wanted to break up with, because he was abusive to you several times now, no, she was trying to ruin your life again.
Your mother had never done something usefull for you, or her.
She didn't gave a fuck about you, since you could think and now, where you could stand on your own legs she came along with some new bullshit.
She wanted you to help her out of her poverty, only because she never got her life into the right order.
„Hey (Y/N). Are you alright?", Rick asked, as you came up into the club you were working at.
Rick was the manager of this location, when the real boss was out to run some of his other business things.
„No, can I have a drink?", you asked with a whacked voice.
„Sure, may I ask what happened? You're rarely that sad. Was it Tom again?", he asked.
„No, not this time. Thank you", you said as he gave you the drink.
„My mother, wants me to marry this idiot, because she's incapable to live a more prudent life. It's always up to me, to make things right and I'm sick of it. All my life I got used by her, just to save her stupid ass. I can't take it anymore. And if Tom is calling me tonight, I will send him right back to the hell he came from", you said.
Rick was always like a surrogate father for you, since you began to work her, even if he looked like the type of dangerous gangster, with all the gold rings on his fingers, the sunglasses he wores even when it was dark outside and the big cuban cigar between his lips.
But he was a good man, he welcomed you warm hearted and teached you not to be scared of the big boss, who was really running this club.
With his help you turned out as one of the best employees, this club had ever seen.
You were the singer, for the long nights and everyone here loved you, not only because of your beautiful voice, also because you were the happy factor in here.
You joked around with everyone, when the big boss wasn't in the near and you got payed incredibly well for everything.
„Sounds mean, honey. If you need help, you know you can call us here, everytime", Rick said and layed his hand onto your shoulder, trying to cheer you up a bit.
You smiled at him.
Thank you, really. I don't know what I would do, without you or the rest of our crew."
„Rick. Is- (Y/N), thanks god, she's here", Mark said.
He was Rick's right hand.
„What's wrong?", you asked worried.
„We've got a lot to do, within the next hour. Mr J is coming over, he will look if everything is alright. Man I hate it, when he does this surprising visits", he said and you could see the fear in his eyes.
If something wasn't like Mr J wanted it to be, Mark would be the first one to get involved in the big trouble, 'cause as Rick's right hand he had to take care of the most things that must be done right here.
And after Mark there was only you.
But you always got your things right, like finding and playing the songs that would fit in this club and you also trained your girls, the background dancers to asbolute perfection, before showing any kind of new material you were working on.
Mr J was always delighted to see new performances from you, what made you a little nervous, 'cause you never knew what would happen if something went wrong, even if it wasn't your fault.
For example what if, one of the dancers didn't get her moves right.
Would he blame it on you, 'cause you set the standards too high?
Okay, you were going through a lot of shit these days, but don't let this ruin your performance, you said to yourself.
„(Y/N)?"
„What?", you asked.
Shit, Mark was talking while you thought about what could happen if something went wrong, tonight.
„You got any ideas for a song? You know, how he likes new shows from you."
„Oh, yes, I got something in my mind, give me a few minutes to write the lyrics down", you said reliable as always.
„Perfect. I know you would save my life", he said and smiled at you.
About half an hour later you assembled all your girls around you on the little stage with the red theater curtains.
„Okay girls, you heared that Mr J is coming tonight, but that's nothing you should be worried about, I got the lyrics for you here. And I left the dance as simple as I could for you, because we only got thirty minutes left, to bring up a really good show."
„Forget it (Y/N). He's already here", Rick said.
What? No! I planned everything!
„And what now?", one of the girls asked terrified.
You were searching for any idea you could get now, but there was only one thing that came up to your mind and it shuddered you to think about doing it.
„Stay out of this, do your work when the night begins. I will do something by myself", you said.
„Are you sure?", Carry asked with a gulp.
You nodded your head.
„We got no time left to do this one, so I will set up a song I've got on my list for a while now. I think that's the only one I could go with."
„Good luck", Sarah said stricken for what you do to keep your girls save.
She hugged you, like all the others.
„You will rock it."
„We believe in you."
Your hands trembled as you heared the snarling voice of Joker not far from you, asking Rick and Mark what they got for him tonight.