Part 5

Alice Pov
See you soon sweetheart he say and left the office I can't believe all this just happened I page Jamie and she come running into the room. I told her what happen she was so piss she wanted to go and kick both my parents butts but she give me a hug before she run off to do her rounds on the floor she was assign to. I seat at the desk and went through some paper work my grandfather didn't get to complete. Finally I'm done I told myself I got up and put the documents in the desk I was about to leave but my grandfather walk in I run and jumped on him and hug him tightly. Grandpa you wouldn't believe what my parents did this time I was in the office doing some work you ask me to do and my parents burst in and started to make a scene and my mother she went to slap me because I told her you left me in charge. She did what my grandmother appear from behind my grandfather, she went to slap you Alice my grandmother ask yes grandma. She was so angry she left the room ready for battle I knew she would confront my mother she always did went their mistreated me. I loved my grandparents so much more then anything in the world well not more then God.

I give my grandpa a hug and show him the documents he just smiled and hug me tightly he thank me for doing all the work and setting meeting and everything else. He kiss my forehead and I wave him good bye and hurried to the staff room. Trichelle rush in at the same time Alice you wouldn't believe it your grandmother just fried your mother she say I couldn't believe it she did that for me I ask her she looked at me lost. I have to go I told her I grab my hand bag and rush out the room I run to the front desk and sign out I was about to leave the building but my mother was there at the door waiting. I try to get pass her but she wouldn't let me pass I want to have a little talk with you Alice how dare you get me fired she shouted. I don't mean to mom I'm so sorry I told her she just got more angry and rise her hand to hit me I grab her hand don't you dare put your hands on me every again I told her she was shock. I'm sorry you got fired its not my fault you were fired I have no power who gets fired and hired I'm just a student nurse remember I told her. I'm a student nurse and your in my way so move I shouted she jumped back still in shock also if you were wise you would never try to hit me again unless you don't like your life I told her and walked off.

Outside in the car lot I was shaking I can't believe I just did that I just stand up to my mother who abuse me for years physically and mentally I give myself a pat on the shoulder and smiled. I open my car door but I realized that I left my bag and books at the school in my locker. Just get I shouted I hopped in my car and did a fast u turn and headed toward the school. The good thing was my school had many night classes so I wasn't afraid of being alone at all. I parked my car and rush out but my phone drop and I got down to take it up but someone had taken it up for me before I could reach it. What are you doing here so late Chris ask me he was my ex boyfriend turn best friend boyfriend yip he was dating Trichelle now. I forgot my stuff on campus I told him oh let me go with you then he told me wait why are you here so late I ask him he just smiled I had night classes today but the professor didn't show he told me.