The Debut and the Talk of Never Falling in Love

Start from the beginning

Riley sighed as she typed out her message, “You're right.”

To: Dean
Are you coming to the show Wednesday?

Almost immediately Riley got a reply.

To: Riley
Do you really want to witness your dad kicking my ass?

To: Dean
You promised me you would be here. I need a final training session with you to be one hundred percent confident in myself. Please...I don't care what my dad says...you promised me

To: Riley
Sorry, baby, you aren't worth getting my ass kicked for. It's happened to me too many times to count.

To: Dean
You need to be here and I don't care if I have to drive up to Virginia and drag your ass down here.

“I think that last one was a little rough...a little mean don't you think.” Leslie muttered, glancing at her friend’s phone.

“I'm not letting him miss this.”

To: Riley
I'd like to see you try, Riley.

To: Riley
I promised I would be there before your dad told me to stay the fuck away from you. Maybe it's best for everyone if I stay away from you for now.

“Tell him you'll tell Brie about Nikki.” Leslie muttered as she shoved a handful of popcorn in her mouth.

“That's not going to work.” Riley told her, “He has stood up to Brie multiple times, this isn't going to be different.”

“Trust me. Brie will take this like a stab in the back from Dean, and no matter how much Dean doesn't want to talk to her right now, she's one of his best friends.” Leslie said, “He will definitely not want to ruin that.”

Riley sighed as she typed out the text.

To: DeanWe wouldn't want Brie to find out about Nikki, would we?

To: Dean
We wouldn't want Brie to find out about Nikki, would we?

Dean chuckled, softly as he read the message. He was obviously going to show up in Florida, but he loved messing with Riley. He wouldn't miss her big day for anything, not even because Phil told him to stay away. He knew that there was a high chance that Phil would punch him in the face, which is something that he was clearly expecting.

Les is calling

Dean laughed as he answered the call and brought the phone to his ear, “What is it, Leslie? I thought you punching me in the face was your way of telling me that you're done with my shit.”

Leslie rolled her eyes, “You called me a bitch, you asshole. You definitely deserved that busted lip.”

Riley gave her a look, which caused Leslie to sigh, “I'm not calling because of that. Dean, Riley really needs you Wednesday night, so please just forget about everything Phil told you and just show up.”