7. CHAPTER: A Demon in my Bed?

After Mabel, Dipper and I played a card game for about two hours – Bill offered me whole thirteen times to help me cheat and I told him to screw off for the exact same amount of times - Stan came in.

He already wore sleepwear and told us to go to sleep now. He and Ford would be doing the same in a few minutes. We agreed since Dipper already yawned after every second sentence, Mabel after every sentence and I after every second word. We all have had a long day and we all wanted to just cuddle up in our pillows and blankets and sleep.

After I lost the fight over who was to enter the bathroom first I had to wait until both, Mabel and Dipper were done. And only Mabel took more than twenty minutes until she had removed her make-up and whatever else she was doing in there.

But I got tired of waiting after ten minutes that's when I found a solution – or maybe I have to admit that it was actually Bill who told me what to do. I just grabbed my stuff and went to the gruncles bathroom. Since they both already lied in their beds their bathroom was vacant.

But none of them was asleep yet. Stan was reading one of his "Gold chains for old Men"-magazines and Ford was writing in his new journal again. They didn't mind me using their bathroom at all, so I did.

Half an hour later, after all of us, Mabel, Dipper and me had finally brushed our teeth and Dipper and me had taken a shower – at least Mabel told us she was too tired for showering now and she would do it in the morning, we all were lying in our beds. Then the gruncles once again entered our room. This time Ford went with his brother. They came to say good night and hugged us while wishing us pleasant dreams.

We wished them the same and then we turned off the lights.

But the word >dreams< suddenly reminded me of Bill and our deal. He disappeared when I went to the bathroom – it had been one of our first deals requested by me that he was not able to follow me into the bathroom if I didn't explicitly allow it. He demanded that I'd let him follow me in school in return what was annoying but it was worth it. Now I had at least one place where he couldn't bother me for sure.

I already started to think that he would not reappear at all, what didn't feel as good as expected. In fact, after thinking about it for a while I had started to kind of enjoy the thought of not having to sleep on my own anymore, though I would've never admitted that in front of anyone.

But then I suddenly heard a familiar voice in my head: Oh Moonstone, I feel flustered! What a nice surprise that my request is pleasing you after all! Sorry that I am late, I was just checking out some other areas~ Hope you haven't missed me too much?

Bill. Of course he was just teasing me with being late like always. I was a pretty punctual girl and I hated delays, Bill knew that and loved to take advantage of it.

I rolled my eyes and didn't answer. When I turned my head towards the ceiling I almost had a heart-attack. Bill was hovering only about five centimetres above me, his face was so close that some of his blonde hair strands slightly touched my face.

I blushed deeply. W-what the heck are you doing? Was all I could think of.

He grinned. Just teasing you like always, Moonstone. It is so much fun to make you blush, and it is almost too easy as well~

That made me blush even deeper. It was true. While I was usually not the type of girl to get embarrassed easily, Bill could make me blush whenever he wanted. Another of his habits that I hated.

Then, with a snap of his fingers, Bill changed his clothes from fancy suit to sleepwear. He now wore a sleeveless shirt and shorts, the top hat and his black boots disappeared as well. With another snap of his fingers he teleported himself so that he was now lying next to me. I winced because of the surprise and how close he suddenly was.

Luckily the extended-couch-bed was so big that we both easily fitted in. I expected him to wrap his arms around me or anything but he stayed where he was. I was almost a little disappointed when I heard him whisper: Sleep well my love~

And before I was able to say a single word he placed a kiss upon my mouth. It lasted only for less than a second but it made my entire face heat up as if he would've set it on fire. I was happy that it was dark already so that he couldn't see me. I probably looked like an overripe tomato.

Being the embarrassed mess I was now because of Bill and not knowing what else to do I turned away from him and cuddled up in my blanket. I firmly shut my eyes and tried to erase him out of my thoughts and not to think about the kiss. Who knew if he was reading my mind this instant? I didn't want him to think that I ENJOYED the kiss or anything.

I fell asleep while imaginary calling him a jerkface. That was a thought that I actually wanted him to hear.