Chpt 25

* Tessa's POV *

The same glass clanking and cracking as it hit the wooden table echoed through small empty hall way, that didn't even go as far as 3 doors. I heard his wheezing and loud gulps as he chugged the cold beer down his scratchy throat.

I couldn't bare the sound but then again I didn't really understand what was happening. My thoughts where choking me. This time I felt like I couldn't breathe.

I shoved my hands against my ears as I rocked back and forth letting the tears stream down my face harder than they've ever done before. Hearing her hurling screams and cries made my heart ache. Each time I rocked they grew louder and louder, until 'pop!' It was dead silent.

It was that silence that could suffocate you if you attempted to drop a pen. The silence that most feared, all but her. The silence of death.

It was only moments before there where blue and red lights shining throughout the slits of the closet door.

It only took a few seconds before foot steps were in front of the thin wooden door which was separating us. The hand twisted the knob making the door swung open blinding me by all the lights.

-

"TESSA!"

I jolted up from the mattress draped in sweat and tears. I tried to focus my breathing patterns and my vision but it was still clouded my the tears.

"It's ok Tess, I'm here" a soft voice whispered hugging me in their tight muscular arms almost making me forget who was saying them.  And I couldn't lie and say that I didn't feel safe in his arms.

I clung onto his body as if my life depended on it. Calum started tracing small circles in my back as my sniffles died down, still trying to calm me. Even as he tried to calm me I felt one tear escape soon Letting the rest follow like an unbroken stream. My tears started to soak up Calum's tee making me immediately feel bad for what I was putting him through. At this point I almost felt like I was suffocating with each breath just wanting to give up, wanting to be free, wanting the one thing every child should have in their life. A mother.

Calum began to run his fingers through my hair and press his lips agains my hair to mumble hopeful things. My eye lids started to grow heavy from the gallons of water they had poured out. And before I knew it I fell back to sleep enveloped in Calum's arms never wanting to move.

My eyes fluttered opened almost hurting because of all the crying that took place last night. But instead of waking up to a bright room I was face to face with a bare chest.

I frowned trying to pull away but his bear arms were gripping me tight as if I was his favorite stuffed animal. I looked up noticing Calum's peaceful resting face. God was he attractive. I loved the way that on his chin you could see the sharp little stubble starting to form from what was a clean face and how little pieces of his dark hair fell against his Forehead making me giggle.

"Go back to sleep" His raspy voice spoke causing me to laugh some more.

"I have to go to work though" I groaned laying my head against him.

"Go in late, I don't wanna be cold" he pouted, his eyes still shut and body tangled with mine.

I laughed not even bothering to respond to his request that was highly unreasonable.

The silence grew as neither of us said a word. Even with Calum's eyes closed I could still tell he was awake by the little moments he made.