Chapter 12 (unedited)

The morning light burned into my eyes the second I opened them. I felt like I could not move a muscle in my body. Like I was tied down with rope. I was stuck where I was. Unable to move.

I got scared that I was kidnapped by the person who poisoned me, and then I realized it was just Hades holding me in a death grip.

He was still asleep and snoring quietly. It was very, very cute.

My back was to his chest and his arm was wrapped tightly around me. Like a Boa constrictor.

I tried to pry his arm off of me, but the tasked proved to be too hard. I tried to shimmy my way out of his grasp but did not succeed at that either.

I sighed. Quite loudly, I may add. And still, he did not wake up.

"Hades," I whispered. I didn't want to be mean and wake him up by yelling.

When he didn't move I said it more forcefully. "Hades. Get up." Still, he laid still.

So, I yelled. "Hades! Get your fat butt off me now!" He jolted awake, nearly falling off the bed. He gave me a surprised look and ran his hand over his face, sighing.

"Princess, you didn't have to yell." I gave him a mean look and he chuckled. I saw his bare chest the moment he stood up. My eyes widened. I never knew he was shirtless. His body was tan and muscular. But, not the kind of muscular that is gross. "Come on, Princess. We are going to the Underworld today."

I nodded my head and stood up. Walking over to my closet I pulled out a pair of jean shorts and a black t-shirt. I started to change once I heard the door close. I knew Hades was going to his room to change.

Once I was done getting ready, I went to the dining room. I ate a quick meal alongside my family and then followed Hades outside to the front gate. A carriage was waiting for us. We stepped onto it and were soon off into the sky.

We flew across Greece in the same direction I came the first day. I realized we landed in the same spot. And that is when I realize the black gate that stands in front of me. It was huge, and I begin to wonder how I missed it in the first place.

As if he heard my thoughts, Hades answered my question. "You probably didn't see it because it is hidden from human eyes. It recognizes you as the soon-to-be Queen of the Underworld, so you can see it." I nodded my head. It sorta made sense.

We walked to the front of the gate and Hades pressed a button on the side wall. "Open the gate." He said it into the button and then the gate opened.

The Underworld was different than I imagined. Far away you could see a shape that looked like a large building, kind of like a castle or mansion. Separating us from the castle was a long river. I saw a ferry and a ferryman waiting to carry us across.

On the left side of the river was dark and scary, probably for bad souls. On the right side of the river was a beautiful place, for the good souls.

I followed Hades onto the ferry and we sat down on a seat. I knew the ferryman's name to be Charon.

I turned to Hades. "What's over there?" I pointed to the dark side.

He looked at me and said, "That is called The Fields of Punishment. Inside is where the bad souls go and suffer. There is a river called the Phlegethon River, which leads to Tartarus. Tartarus is where the Titans are. It is locked safe. There is the Lethe River, which is the river of forgetfulness and The Cocytus River, the river of wailing." He took a breath and continued. "In the middle is a place called Fields of Asphodel. It is where the souls who committed crimes, but not terrible ones, go. It is not as bad as the Fields of Punishment.

So, It was basically hell?

"On the other side," He pointed to the pretty one. "Is The Field of Elysium. It is where demigods, heroes, and sometimes humans go. If you are a human and achieve greatness, you can go there. It is more along the lines of what you call Heaven. In the middle of the Elysium is the Island of the Blessed. When a soul achieved Elysium, they have a choice to either stay in Elysium or to be reborn. If a soul was reborn three times and achieved Elysium all three times, then they were sent to the Isles of the Blessed to live in eternal paradise." All of this stuff was a lot to take in.

"So, where are we now? Where are we going?"

"We are on the Acheron River. The River of pain. And we are going to my home. Our home." I got butterflies in my stomach at his last sentence.

"Why is this called the River of pain?"

"Look around you. What do you see?" I looked around and my eyes widened. I saw lost souls. Lots of them. Some were even on the ferry. How did I not notice that?

"Lost souls." It came out more of a whisper.

Hades nodded his head. "The souls Thanatos and his reapers collect are placed here. They usually ride the ferry and are brought to where we are going next. We are going to the Judges of Death."

Creepy much?

"The Judges of Death pick where the souls go. Where they deserve to go. We must pass that to get to our home."

Home. What a wonderful place.

"So, the souls ride the ferry and then are chosen on where they will spend the rest of eternity at?" Hades nodded his head and looked at me. He probably thought I would run away scared. It might still happen. "Okay. That makes sense." I try to ignore the souls. They look as if they are humans, but they look a little see-through. Like ghosts, you imagine looking like. You could see blood on them, or bullet holes, or an open chest from surgery. It was all very gross.

"Do the spirits always look like that?" Hades shakes his head.

"If the soul is going to Elysium, it is going to be pampered. If it is going to the Field of Punishment, It will most likely stay the same."

"Where do most humans go?" He said only few humans go to the Elysium.

"They will go to the Fields of Asphodel. It is in the middle of Field of Punishment, but it is blocked off and is an actual nice place. It is like heaven, but not as great as heaven."

"Is there an actual heaven?" I have always wondered that.

Hades scoffs. "No. You have us. No heaven." Oh. Great.

The ferry stopped and I watched as souls got off the ferry. They handed Charon a piece of gold as they left. I wondered if we had to give him gold. I didn't have any with me. Or, at all.

I stepped off of the ferry and stopped alongside Hades. We made it to the Judgement of Death.

At least I wasn't dead.

I couldn't say the same to the souls around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N~ Sooooo, she is in the Underworld! I honestly love this chapter. I love the way I described and made the Underworld. The places I named are actually in the real mythology, I just don't know how it is explained. I literally googled in and spent at least an hour researching about it. It was fun, though.

I will try and update again today, but I have to write more chapters and I am sick. I will try my best to upload. But right now, I gotta go shower. Bye!!!!!!!!!!!

xx