chapter 4 ⚔ Crucible

Oliver was throwing a business party at the Queen mansion for Queen Consolidated at night.

During that time, Jill/Sapphire was out, taking care of street thugs. She was standing on a balcony, throwing knives into their hands to make them drop their guns, jumping from landing to landing to get closer to the ground. She jumped down behind Thug 1, kicking his legs out from underneath him, making him fall, turning to Thug 2, kicking him in the face, making him fall unconscious, turning to throw two knives into Thug 3 and 4's hands, making them drop their guns, catching one, using the butt of the gun to hit Thug 5 in the head, making him fall unconscious. 

Jill used a knife rope to tie up a thug's ankles, kicking him down. "Where are you getting the guns?"

"Are you going to kill me?" the thug asked. "Get it over with."

Jill elbowed the thug in the face, knocking him out, speaking through comms. "Dig, took down more gangbangers. They were armed with fully automatic M4A1 assault rifles."

"M4A1 are military grade weapons," John told her. "Stolen, most likely."

"Stolen from where?" Jill asked.

"We can look into that after the party," John told her. Jill didn't answer. She felt as if she was being watched, looking around cautiously, walking along. "Jill? Hello?"

Jill turned off the ear comm for the moment, walking around the corner of the alley.

'Ruby' was running away.

Jill ran after her. She took out her crossbow claw, shooting it into the building wall ahead of Ruby, letting herself swing down the alley toward Ruby to grab her before she got to the fence, letting them both fall to the ground. 

Ruby stood to run.

Jill stood in her way, cornering her at the back of the alley. "Why are you following me?"