chapter 1 ⚔ City of Heroes

It had only been weeks since the Undertaking.

Since Malcolm Merlyn / Dark Archer had nearly killed Oliver Queen / Arrow and Jillian "Jill" Wright / Sapphire.

Since Moira Queen had been arrested for conspiracy to the Undertaking.

Since Tommy Merlyn had died.

Oliver was back on Lian Yu as a getaway.

Jill was flying a plane toward the island.

Felicity Smoak and John Diggle was on the plane with her.

Felicity was terrified.

"Felicity, if you're so scared, why did you insist on sitting up front?" Jill asked.

"It was the only seat with a seatbelt," Felicity answered.

"Which will come in handy when we hit the water at 180 miles an hour," John told her.

"What?" Felicity asked.

"He's joking," Jill told him.

Felicity nodded. "Oh."

"We're here," Jill told them. They looked at the island. "Lian Yu."

Jill flew the plane down to the island, landing.

Felicity, John and Jill stepped off the plane.

Felicity was vomiting on the beach.

"Thanks for waiting until we touched down," John told her.

Felicity coughed. "My pleasure."

"Let's move," Jill told them. They walked past a stick in the ground that had Deathstroke's mask and an arrow through the eye. Jill led them through the woods. She heard something in the distance, coming to a stop, making them stop. "Shh."

"What is it?" John asked.

"Thought I heard something," Jill answered.

They continued to walk.

Felicity stepped onto a landmine. "Jill."

Jill turned back. "Don't move."

Jill knelt down to look.

"Landmines?" John asked. "Seriously? Can't you disarm it?"

"No," Jill answered, reaching into her bag to pull out a crossbow with a clamp. "Diggle, back away. Felicity, don't move."

John backed away.

Jill shot the crossbow clamp into a tree above, running toward Felicity, grabbing her off the landmine, letting them swing above the ground away from the explosion. She let them both down.

Oliver walked close. "It wasn't hard to find you with you causing a mess not even ten minutes here."

Jill let go of the crossbow, letting it swing. "Well, you're hard to find."

Oliver sighed, shaking his head. "You shouldn't have come here."

Oliver and Jill led John and Felicity into the plane hideout on the island.

John looked at Oliver. "Would have emailed, but this isn't exactly a WiFi hotspot."

"IS this where you lived when you were here?" Felicity asked. "I mean, the--the first time you were here."

"For some of it," Jill answered.