Chapter Four

The road was long the trip tiring. Tamara was beyond weary of this trip. There were no road signs anywhere. She had gotten lost so many times. Finally, she decided to stop at a store to get directions to her place.

Opening the door to the small one-stop outside of town. The guy behind the counter gave her pales. He was in his late fifties and from the looks of it had had a hard life.

Tam made her way to the counter with paper in hand with her request on it. As she lay the paper down the man gave her a funny look.
How can I help you, mama?

Tam just taped the paper and what'd for him to read it.

So you are looking for the old Nolf place.
She just nodded her head.
O.k. you just go down that way about two miles. It's the first dirt road on your right.
So she had already past the road. She wrote thank you. Let him read it be for she grabbed the paper up and left. Once back on the road Tam keep her eyes out for the road.
It was hard to see with the light fading on her. About ten minutes later she had found the road. She could see finches on both sides of the drive.
For a long, a run-down barn came into view, and not far from it was a two-story log cabin.
The view was more than she could have ever hoped for. It was breathtaking. The open plans with the mountains in the back grow. How could her mother ever leave this place? It gave her the fill of coming home.
She know she would have her work cut out. To get the place up and running. It would give her something to get her mind off everything. And that was something she needed more than air.
For tonight, she was going to scope out the place. To see what needed done first and make a list. Grabbing the key and a flashlight. She headed up the steps. She could see they would need to be fixed for the feel throw them. Everything was boarded up. And the door looks like a stiff wind could take it out. She was afraid of what she would find inside. Only one way to find out. Taking the key she unlocked it and pushed it open. After the dust cleared. She flashed a beam of light. What she saw took her breath away.