Chapter 1

WATCH TRAILER FIRST

“I don’t know if I will be able to tonight Lana, I have no one to watch Abigail for me,” I told my best friend, as we walked to my locker. She and I left class five minutes early before the end of the day bell rang.
“What about Tracey?”
I opened my locker, and stuffed my backpack inside for the weekend.
“You know he’s leaving tomorrow morning. Abigail and I are spending the night with him.”
Just the thought of my boyfriend of almost three years and the father of my child leaving, made my heart throb. I couldn’t bare the sight of him leaving us. I must admit I am happy for him to have this opportunity, but I am going to miss him. Tracey was drafted into the NBA as soon as he graduated high school last year, and the Lakers picked him up immediately. He’s been training a lot in another state, so we haven’t spent much time together.
I closed my locker as soon as the final bell rang.
“Yeah I forgot about that, well maybe another time. I know Abigail will love to see her daddy,” Lana said with excitement in her voice. I laughed at her silliness.
The hall became full instantly with students. They were eager to get out of this school just like me.
Lana and I stepped outside of the school, taking in the fresh air. It was lovely outside. The temperature was about 85 degrees, and the sun was out.
“Hey Jada.”
I turned around to see my other friend Craig, coming my way. He scooped me up and spun me around, causing my to let out a loud shriek followed by laughter.
“Put me down!” I said in between giggles.
He did it a few more times, before putting me back on my feet. As soon as he did, I punched him in the arm playfully.
“Sorry geez,” he replied with laughter in his voice.
“Hey Craig,” Lana said with a smile on her face.
“Hey pretty lady,” he replied with a wink.
They began chatting, leaving me out of their conversation. It was so obviously that they liked each other, I don’t know why they aren’t together yet. Out the corner of my eye I spotted a black Camero pulling into the school parking lot. All the girls started to whisper and get super excited.
A smile spread across my face. My amazing boyfriend is here.
“Hey you guys, I will see you on Sunday,” I said as I hugged them both quickly.
“See you.”
“Call me later.”
Tracey stepped out the car and leaned against the rear door.
My babe is the definition of handsome, I thought to myself as I walked towards him with a smile on my face.
“I’ve missed you all day baby girl,” he said as he hugged me tight.
“I missed you too, did you pick up Abigail?” I asked as he let go of me.
He looked me up and down with a smirk on his face. God, how does he make me blush every time?
“Yeah I got her,” he replied as he opened the backseat and pulled her out of her car seat.
She started to squirm in Tracey’s arm trying to get to me. I laughed and took her away. She laid her head on my shoulder and started sucking her thumb.
Tracey and I stood outside for another five minutes before getting back into the car and driving me home.
As soon as I opened the front door, my mom was rushing out.
“Hey sweetie… Tracey.”
“Hey Ms. Roberts,” Tracey said from behind me, holding me by the waist.
“Mom, you’re leaving?” I asked as I sat Abigail on the couch.
“Yeah the hospital needs extra help tonight, so I will be back around 10 AM. Don’t wait up for me,” she said as she kissed Abigail’s forehead and leaving out the door.
“Hmmm, we have the whole house to ourselves tonight. What shall we do?” Tracey asked as he pulled me close, gripping my butt.
“Feed Abby and put her to sleep? Then maybe we can see how we are going to cope with you being away for almost a year,” I replied, running my finger down his chest, while biting my lip.
Since Tracey was 6’2 and I was only 5’6, I had to always stand on my tippy toes to get closer to his face, but it never seemed to help.
“Is that all?” he asked with lust in his eyes.
“Maybe,” I whispered as I gripped the collar of his shirt, pulling him closer to me. Just as our lips slightly touched, Abigail began to cry.
“Ughh, baby girl you know how to ruin the mood huh?” he asked as he picked her up. She gripped his face and made fishy faces.
We both laughed. “How about you play with her while I make her a snack?” I suggested.
“Hurry back, we have unfinished business.”
I went into the kitchen and made Abby her favorite, cut up hot dogs and bananas. It took about ten minutes, and as soon as she got her plate, she ate it in half of that time. When she fell asleep, Tracey placed her inside of her crib which was in my room. He came back into the living room and sat on palette we made on the floor.
“I’m going to miss you when you leave,” I told him as soon as he sat beside me.
He pulled me closer before replying, “I’m going to miss you too, and Abby. I never thought I’d have to leave my family behind. Yall are all I got,” he said as he rubbed my cheek with the back of his hand.
I closed my eyes and willed myself not to cry.
“I know, I don’t know how I am going to go on without you. You’re my rock Tracey.”
“You got apart of me with you though,” he said wiping the stray tear away from my cheek.
Yeah I do, Abigail keeps me sane when I’m not with Tracey. If she wasn’t here, I’d be a mess right now!
“I know, I will be strong for you and Abby though. She will need me more than ever since you won’t be here.”
“Now you’re being positive,” he replied before kissing me. I responded immediately by returning the kiss and wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him closer. He got on top of me and began kissing on my collarbone.
“Tracey will you make love to me, that’ll last until you get back?” I whispered in his ear.
He stopped kissing me and looked into my eyes.
“You don’t ever have to ask, Jada,” he said and went back to kissing me tenderly.
“I love you,” he whispered in my ear.
“I love you too.”

Three hours of long beautiful love making, and it was the best ever. It was almost seven p.m., and all I wanted to do was just lay here with him all night. Tracey’s heavy arm were wrapped around my body, covering my breast. We were both in a spoon position, and it was by far the most comfortable one ever. I knew he was asleep because he was snoring lightly in my ear. Then his phone rang. I quickly answered it, hoping not to wake him up.
“Hello?” I asked in a husky voice.
The phone went dead.
Hmmmm weird, I thought as I sat his phone back down.
I quietly removed his arm and slipped my under clothes back on. I went into my room to grab an oversized t-shirt. I quickly put it on then checked on Abby.
She was still sound asleep. Gosh she looked so peaceful. I can’t believe I made something so beautiful as her.
I kissed her forehead and then tiptoed back into the living room. Tracey was still asleep, and he looked just as peaceful as Abby. I can’t believe he loves me and only me.
I ran my fingers through my messy hair, then Tracey’s phone rung again. I picked it up again and this time it was a text. It was from an unknown number. He wouldn’t mind me reading his text, he never does, I thought to myself as I opened it.

Hey baby, I called a few minutes ago but your girl answered. Will you be able to sneak away from her? I really need you before you leave tomorrow morning. You left so early this morning. Hopefully we can finish where we left off.

xo

I looked at his phone with disbelief written all over my face.
What the hell? He’s cheating on me?
My heart felt like it had been ripped out my chest. I glanced at Tracey and he was still sleep. How could he do this to me? Its suppose to be us against the world.
Anger rose in me as I had the sudden urge to punch him, but I didn’t.
Instead, I shoved him in the arm.
“Tracey wake up,” I said in a harsh tone.
He stirred, but didn’t open his eyes.
This bastard.
“Get up Tracey!” I said loudly. He sat up, rubbing his eyes.
“Dang Jada, I’m tired. Can’t this wait till later?” he asked as he laid back down, turning his back towards me.
I hit him upside the head.
“No it can’t. Who is this trick calling you baby?” I asked. He quickly sat up.
“What?”
I showed him the text, but quickly took the phone out his face before he could take it away from me.
“Who is she?” I asked as I stood up, my voice trembling.
“Nobody.” He slipped on his boxers, and my eyes watched the way the muscles in his back moved.

Get it together Jada, I thought while shaking my head. Then he stood up.

 “Don’t lie to me Tracey. You’ve been sleeping with her haven’t you?” I asked, already knowing the answer.
He hung his head in shame. I could hear my heart shatter into pieces.
“How could you do this to me, to our relationship, to Abby?!” I asked as my vision became blurry. He got close to me, but I stepped back, pointing my finger at him.
“Don’t touch me… I trusted you… I’ve been true to you and this is the thanks I get?” I asked as I threw my hands in the air.

"It was nothing Jada," he said in the most convincing voice ever. I just wanted to slap him right in his face.

"Well I'm pretty sure she doesn't think that. These girls have been throwing themselves at you since middle school, and now they really want you because you are 'famous'.They don't love you like I do. In their eyes you're a huge dollar sign and they all want a piece of you.   ," I told him using air quotes in the end.  "You're just going to throw it all away for someone else, huh?. No I get it, I'm not good enough right?"
“Baby she was just a fling.”
“I don’t care what she is. The point is, you’ve cheated,” I said as I began dialing a number on his phone.
“I see you finally got away from her baby, are you on your way?” the chick asked.
“He’s all yours, baby,” I said in my most harsh tone ever, before hanging up.
“You don’t mean that Jada,” he said in a pleading voice.

No I don't. I want you to tell me it was a joke, so this pain in my chest will go away.

 I avoided his eyes, because I know I would give in after seeing the sadness in his eyes.

I brushed past him and went into the living room.
“Get your things and just leave,” I told him as I threw his clothes at him.
He quickly put them back on.
“Jada would you just listen to me?”
“No, I don’t want to hear any of your lies,” I said as I continued to hold my ground. Deep inside I wanted to break down, but I couldn’t. Not in front of him.
“Please just-” he started but I stopped him.
“Don’t make this harder than it is. Just please leave,” I said as I made my way to the front door. I opened it and finally looked at him.
He picked up his things and walked out the door.
“I’ll be back tomorrow morning to say goodbye to Abigail,” he replied.
I nodded and  he kissed my cheek, his soft lips making my cheek tingle.
“Bye,” he said after pulling away and walking towards his car. As soon as I closed the door, the tears started pouring. I locked the door behind me and went into my room, picking up Abby careful not to wake her, and laid her down in the bed with me. I wrapped her in my arms, and caressed her face softly.
I wish I could live like her, not caring about what others did, and not knowing what love was. Instead, I have to deal with a broken heart. I kissed her forehead, and cried myself to sleep.