I knew we had to act briefly, something inside me told me the warrior belong to the Brownlow girl. I didn't know who she was but I knew she didn't had nothing but bad plans laid for me.

"So you are on your way out?" he asked innocently.

I could sense his force before he had even opened his palm.

"Yes, we are," I replied, sidestepping around him pulling Anastasia with me. My eyes looked on King Jasper, standing on the opposite side of the Brownlow warrior.

A glimpse of recognition flicker through his eyes, "Yes, we were just leaving. I am sure will see you soon."

He sidestepped around him. As the warrior turned to face us I could sense his power, begging to be released from his palm.

I grabbed Anastasia's arm and pushed her down the corridor. Once we were at out of earshot, I heard myself breath, "He was out to get you."

It was easier to admit that, than who he was really out to hunt down.

"Let's go find Taylor," she replied.

I nodded my head gently as we rushed through the corridor.

We reached a narrow, circular staircase wrapping itself around a beautifully carved wooden pole that seemed to stretch endlessly far up. My feet stopped as I marvelled at its beauty.

"Come on," Anastasia gave my back a gentle shove.

"We don't have time for this," Jasper added quietly.

As we stepped onto the staircase I felt the wind of power underneath my feet, I didn't have to look down to know that it belong to him. The rush of energy pulled us up the staircase as if it was the Formula One version of an escalator. The walls spun by us so fast, only a passing thought that we were going up a tower managed to rush through my head before we were thrown out onto a street. I felt my feet stumble, but Anastasia was there to prop me up. I turned and caught the last glimpse of a faint door, holding the tell tale signs of magic before it disappeared into the brick wall of a very ordinary looking building.

"Where are we?" I flicked my head around, trying to locate any building I might recognise.

"We're in Mayfair," Jasper confirmed.

"Do you know where he lives?" Anastasia asked urgently.

"Yeah, but it's not around the corner from here," I replied.

"Then we must hurry before anyone notices," Jasper agreed.

He started walking down the small street, his eyes fixed at steady flow of traffic on the main road up ahead.

"What does he mean?" I asked.

"He's the King of New York. They expect him be present in court," she lowered her voice further, "and he can't very well be gone trying to figure out a plan to protect the Vortex his heir has sworn himself to."

Her words sent a shudder down my spine as we hurried towards Jasper. He was holding open the door of a taxi.

The taxi drove down the street and I allowed myself to lean back against the seat, closing my eyes for a moment as I questioned what had just happened. I had been pushed into the warlock's royal court and somehow I had gotten out alive.

The taxi made its way up towards Holloway road. I thanked my lucky star that there was not bad traffic. My eyes caught in the flash of gold embroidery on Anastasia's gown. She certainly was not dressed like anyone from around here. Let's hope no one asks them why they are dressed like some kind of cosplay figures.