VIII

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal. Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace. This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak. I find reason to believe in my daughter's eyes.
•••
🔹💒🔹

"Bea slow down!" Tyler yells as his five year old runs out of the door and down the street.

"Juniper Bea, Stop!" Tyler yells as he runs out of the door behind his daughter and slams the door shut, not even caring if he locked it or not.

He runs outside and looks around frantically as he looks for his little angel. He spots her across the street in a man's arms.

His hair is a pale blue as it catches the early morning sun.

"Bea, don't you ever do that again!" Tyler says sternly as he approaches them.

"I'm so sorry to have bothered you," Tyler says as he goes to scoop Juniper Bea out of the stranger's arms.

"I want to play with Joshie's hair," Bea says as she holds on tighter to the man now identified as Josh.

"It's pretty isn't it daddy?" Bea says with big innocent eyes as she runs her fingers through Josh's hair.

"Very pretty, baby," Tyler assures as Josh hands her over to Tyler.

"I'm Tyler," Tyler says as he sticks his free hand out to shake Josh's hand.

"Josh," the man says with a voice like a melody and a bright smile to match as he gives Tyler's hand a firm shake.

"Are you new around here? I've never seen you before," Tyler says as Bea squirms in his arms wanting to be put down.

"Yeah, I just moved in yesterday with my two cats Neoma and Bade," Josh says as he motions towards his door then crouched down to Bea's level, "I think you'd like Bade. She has a blue eye and a green eye."

"Daddy! He has a cat that has two different colored eyes jus' like me!" She yells as she tugs at his pant leg and then turns back to Josh.

"Can I see 'em?" She says with her eyes wide and hopeful. Josh couldn't say no to this adorable little angel.

"Of course. Just tell your mommy or daddy to bring you over and you can play with them," Josh offers as Tyler's heart drops.

"My mommy's in heaven," Bea says not fazed at all as she tell this stranger her mom is gone.

"Oh, I'm sorry Bea," Josh says as he smiles at the little girl standing in front of him.

"We have to get going or we'll be late for her first day of kindergarten," Tyler says as he takes Bea's hands in his.

"Nice ta' meet you, Joshie," Bea says as Tyler looks at the man one more time and gives him a small smile.

"Welcome to the neighborhood, Josh," Tyler says as he turns away with Bea and walks towards their car.

Tyler goes about buckling Bea into her booster seat as she keeps talking her head off.

"Daddy, Joshie was so pretty. His hair was blue!" She squeals as she tries to raise up and look across the street where Josh once was.

"He was pretty," Tyler says as he carefully pulls back and goes to shut the door, "watch your beautiful fingers, angel."

Tyler steps into the driver seat as he glances back at Bea and to the road. He pulls out as Bea starts talking again.

"Can we go see Joshie's cats? He said one has eyes like me!" She squeals excitedly as she kicks her feet into Tyler's seat.

"I don't know, angel, we'll see," Tyler promises as he keeps his eyes on the road in front of him.

"Daddy?"

"Yes, angel?" Tyler says as he glances back at his angel.

"Is Joshie my frewnd?" Her small voice rings through the silent car.

"I'm sure he is, but you can make all kinds of friends your age today at school, angel," Tyler assures her as he pulls up to the old brick building where kids can be heard screaming and playing.

"Yeah, but they aren't as pretty as Joshie," she says causing Tyler to huff.
Why is she so fascinated with the new neighbor?

🔹💒🔹
A/N

Yay! Joshie is finally in the story. It's only going to get cuter from here on out.

Get ready.

This will probably be a long fic, just warning you.

👽Stay • Alive💀

-Becca🌻