3) The Great Escape

I'm back from my surprise 5 year hiatus. Half this chapter was typed up 4 years ago when I last attempted to pick up whee I left off, it has been a long time since I have wrote anything creatively so bare with me. And excuse any grammar and spelling errors.

Your patience is appreciated.

_______________________________________

A thundering roar ripped through the keep, shaking the building. We had to move, and fast, or risk having the place cave in around us

"This way" Hadvar waved from another corridor, I sprinted after him. As we powered down the cold stone steps I lost my footing and tumbled. Oft! Blood trailed down my calf as a sharp pain ran through my leg. The body of a now unconscious Stormcloak soldier had cushioned my landing, but his dagger had wedged itself in my leg in the process. His comrades didn't seem too happy about me knocking their buddy out

"Its another one of them Imperial dogs" he spat, drawing his axe as his buddies ran over

"Oh for the love of Talos! I am not an Imperial!" I rip the dagger out from my leg, dizziness washed over me as the blood oozed from the wound faster than it had before. I launch the dagger at the men. My co-ordination is off, but I still pierce one of the bastards in the arm. The room starts spinning

"C'mon men! For Skyrim!!!!!" all four of then charged at me, I struggle to get to my feet as the pain in my leg became unbearable when I stood, the leader of the men was closing in on me. This is it, he lifted his sword behind his head and.... WHOOSH... an arrow shot through the air and hit that fucker right in the throat, he clutched around the arrows head and sank to his knees. Gargling and choking sounds escaped his crusted lips as blood spewed from between his fingers. The rest of the soldiers look taken-a-back, but only for a moment before they raised their weapons and continued the change.

A powerful shriek echoed through the keep as an enormous scaley head burst through the wall and spat its fiery breath. The flames reached from ceiling to floor and began to spread out and fill the corridor. The fire consumed the men and I watched as their skin boiled and dripped from their bones, the sounds of their tortured screams rattled around my skull. The fire grew, coming closer and closer. I was trapped, my back against the wall and the flames licking at my ankle. So this was it, I knew it this time for sure. I can see the gates of Sovengarde open.... the room fills with a blue light and I can no longer feel the heat of the flames... Is this Sovengarde?

"Kenna!"... Hadvar? Was he dead too?... "Drink this" OW! A tiny red bottle collided with my head and clattered to the floor beside my arm, I opened the bottle and placed it to my lips letting the cooling liquid run down my throat. A tingling sensation ran up my leg as my skin glowed momentarily. The wound on my leg had heeled and I was no longer washed with dizziness. The blue light vanished, and I realise now that it had been a protection ward. The smell of hot blood and burning flesh wafted through the air, the smell was enough to make me want to vomit, but I won't let myself. I am alive, basking in this moment I almost forget about the threat of the dragon and of this place crumbling down on top of us. "How's the leg?"

"Better, thanks" there was not a scratch on my leg, it was as if the blade had never entered my skin and like the flames never touched me. Hadvar led me into a room which contained a few small barrels and a hearth. After what just happened I'll try to keep my distance from open flames.

"Can you search through some of these barrels? We had to salvage what we can, Divines know how long it could be before we escape" I search a small cluster of barrels. I manage to grab a couple of health and stamina potions, as well as a few cabbages. I was not fond of cabbages but given the circumstances I'll take what I can get. I stuff them all into this little pack thats attached to side of  my armour, surprisingly this little thing seems to be bigger on the inside than it is in the outside.