CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: Will Love You Forever

"Your body is amazing." Christian traces a finger from breast to navel after they have completed mating again. "I'm going to love you forever, Anniebelle."

"And I will love you forever, Kiss-tian." She smiles when good memories flash in her eyes. "But Christian, if I ever see you with another female, I will make sure you both live in an eternal stench."

He chuckles. "Never. It will only be you. I will never ruin what we have now. Thank you for giving me a chance."

Annabelle runs her fingers through Christian's soft dark strands. Her head lays on his shoulder as he relaxes with the comfortable feeling. His eyes become heavy and soon she listens to his even breaths as he sleeps. She quietly slides out of bed and dresses. She panics when he reaches out for her, but she quickly gives him a pillow in her place. He snuggles into it and slowly falls back to sleep. She grabs a robe from the bathroom and slips out the door.  She is careful when she walks out of the hotel and escapes towards the deep woods where she can hear the calls.

The scarlet macaw has lost the vibrancy of colors in its feathers throughout the years. His movements are still graceful and enchanting when he flies down to her.  Her old friend shifts to his human form and he bows to his master. His vibrant red hair is mixed with gray, dulling it only slightly, but his face is still youthful and handsome. She tosses him the robe careful not to look at his nudity and happy he had shifted behind a bush to cover his lower regions. She is now a mated woman, after all.

"Mac, it is always a pleasure to see you." She gives him a hug when he is covered. "Please tell me you have good news for me."

"It's happening. The war will take place in two days. The trolls are on our side and so is the goblin king. They have finally agreed now that we have given the promise to release their queens from captivity." He informs her.

"Very good.  Now tell me, did everything go as planned?" Annabelle asks and her eyes become black with anger.

"Jeanette has completed her mission. She and her mate had captured her outside of Black Moon Territory. They are holding her in your cells. Nobody knows we have her. She is furious at being betrayed. She had begged Tommy for his help. He did well in making her believe he was on her side and she had always thought he blamed you for his mother's death. He has finally revealed the truth to her and is thankful he no longer has to pretend. Tommy has her guarded and is torturing her to gain the information you need. She will remain in the cells during the war." His master could not be more thankful to hear the news, but she is still uneasy about the outcome.

"This was too easy. I can't help, but feel she has another plan up her sleeves." She feels there's something important she is missing.

"It feels easy, because you are brilliant and meant to be queen. However, we must be careful the Alpha is out of the picture at the time of the war. The resemblance between you and her are remarkable. You could be identical twins. The Alpha will not know the difference, but will only feel your mate bond. Hell will break loose if he releases her before the war ends."

"Did you bring the potion I asked for?" He removes a small bag from behind a rock and hands it to her. She opens the bag and the potion glows to its bright blue shine with the magic it holds. "This is perfect. One sniff of this and the Black Moon pack will no longer be a problem."

"The small vile will work on anybody withing the pack territory, but you must be careful." He asks concerned.

"Don't worry. I have a concoction that will block the vapors. The pack will not be of concern after my return. I'll be sure of that." She sighs. "Notify Tommy of the upcoming war. I will return in time. Now, I must return. There's a slutty succubus concierge I must deal with. She will learn she is not to mess with the mate of a powerful woman."