his friends had by now poured out onto the street, pulling hoods over their heads.

simon takes not a moment longer, starting to run after her.

sage, up ahead, looks over her shoulder to see him running after her, she picks up the pace, almost slipping on the wet cobblestone floor as she turned off the street onto a main road.

simon was faster than sage, and had already closed the distance by half- sage would just have to be smarter.

she checked over her shoulder again, seeing him come round the corner, she spins round only to be met by someones chest. she lands on top of them, simon closes the gap, running her way. she scrambles to her feet, running faster than she was before.

simon notices she dropped something, taking a moment to grab it, before running again. he wasn't even close to losing breath yet.

he just kept running, and so did she.

back at the restaurant the remaining boys were looking round at each other confused.

"go get the car," josh says to vik, throwing him his keys. vik nods, running to the car park. the two cal's decided to stay back, going back inside to pay for the meal that wouldn't be finished.

tobi, jj and harry all agreed they'd start following simon and her, they all guessed who simon was chasing- though it may just have been someone who looked like her.

sage swung round a corner, into an alleyway and she checked over her shoulder before continuing to run. simon looked up the alleyway, seeing her blonde hair trailing behind her.

he follows her, attempting to catch up.

jj, tobi and harry split up, wanting to cut simon and sage off at different points if they could.

harry followed their most probable path, which was the correct one, jj went left, knowing he might be able to cut them off down one of the other streets, and tobi when straight forwards, heading down long alleyways, shoving aside homeless people and using bins to climb over fences, others he would just climb.

sage finally spotted a potential place to hide, that simon may miss. she turned the corner and hid in the doorway of a building, pushing her back against the wall, holding her breath.

simon burst out of the alleyway, onto the street, swinging round to look about. no sign of her.

he walks forwards, checking about.

suddenly tobi comes out of an alleyway behind him.

"simon, what the hell man?" tobi asks and simon shakes his head.

"i was right on her tail, but i lost her...again," his voice cracks.

sage's eyes start to water at the sound of simon's broken voice.

she holds still as they walk right past her.

she moves out onto the pavement and takes off in the opposite direction.

the two boys hear her, both of them turning round.

"sage!" simon calls, quickly running after her, his body can't take much more running.