Ch 6 ; Surprise?

Many things anger me; my misplaced things, people who stop out of the blue, those boys from earlier, the cold, but Neji has this attitude I loathe. It's the same as Yomi's, his hope for me is not even there, sees me as nothing. The difference between Neji and Yomi is that I obviously can't hit Yomi. I'm not really the most violent person in the world, unless it's necessary.

But was this necessary?

Now, hitting Neji was probably not the best idea, but he asked for it. Smacking Matilda and insulting me off the bat wasn't going end up in a good scene anyway.

I blindly stared at him as I heard him stumble back from the attack, Matilda letting out a restrained laugh, obviously enjoying his pain.

"Did I fail at that?" I say with half the confidence in my voice.

"That was perfect, Nimi!" Matilda exclaimed with glee, "You just earned some bonus points!"

I looked back at her with half a smile, "Gee, thanks but--"

"You impudent fool," Neji growled as he recovered, "You are going to wish you didn't do that!"

I already do.

"Well, I-- You asked for it!" I stammered, trying to have a reason, "You shouldn't have--"

I gasped in alarm as I felt his weight lung forward towards me. I quickly jump to the side to avoid getting his attacks landed on me.

Yeah, I really regret hitting him.

"Hey! Stop it! How about two out of three?" Matilda tried reasoning with him as he turn to me.

"How did you know I was coming?" Neji growled at me as he send a flying kick my way. I quickly ducked under it and stumbled to the side with a bit of lost balance.

I yelped when he twirled around, throwing a back hand in my direction. I caught it, stumbling to the right, and gripped his fist tightly with both my small hands, "Because you obviously underestimated me."

He stared at me before scoffing in rage, making a quick yanking movement with his captured hand and held both my wrist, "Same to you."

I had no where else to run as his other free hand connected with my jaw. I staggered a bit before falling to the ground as my jaw burned where I was hit, my taste buds screaming the taste of a warm substance leaking from my inner cheek.

"Nimi!" Matilda exclaimed, "Why don't you pick on someone your own size, you ass!"

"Same goes to both of you," Neji sneered, a grin in his voice. Matilda let out a yell of pain as I heard her being smacked hard into a wall next to us.

I lifted myself into my hands and knees, turning my head in Neji's direction.

"You obviously lack any training," Neji assured to me, "Though, I don't understand how you know where I am despite your lack of sight."

I frowned, "My ears are my eyes."

He let out a huff of air threw his nose, "As a Hyuga, your ears are useless. Without your Byakugan, what good are you?"

He shoved me with his foot, making me fall to my side, "You're nothing, and will always be nothing. You should have been bestowed with the curse seal the day you were born. I don't know why they let someone of the Hyuga clan go into another land with the secret of the Byakugan at stake."

"How are you so sure she even possesses the Kekkei Genkai?" Matilda said behind him, "What would be the point of sealing her with it if she doesn't have it?"

I laid on the ground as I stared where Matilda stood. I had no clue of what they were talking about. Might as well listen.

"That's ridiculous," Neji laughed, "She has Hyuga blood in her, of course she has it. Letting our secret out is too much of a risk. Many have payed the price with their lives just to protect the stupid jutsu. Having her running around without that seal, or even to have her alive, is just having their lives wasted for nothing."