Ch. 2 ; Sweet soul bitter luck.

>Nimi - Age 7<

"Nimi."

My sightless eyes fluttered open at Dinami's soft voice.

I sat up and smiled, "Good Morning, Aunt Dinami."

I heard her chuckle and felt her lips kiss the top of my head, "Slept well?"

I nodded, hearing her walk over to the drapes of the window and let in the warmth of the sun, "That's good. I'm sure you're hungry, right?" She asked.

I giggled, swinging my short legs off the bed, "You know me so well."

She gave a small, delighted laugh and headed to the door of the room.

"Is mother here today?" I asked before she left my room.

Her footsteps stopped. I heard her clear her throat after a small hesitation, "No, Nimi. She headed out last night while you slept."

"A mission?"

I heard Dinami sigh, "She didn't tell me."

I furrowed my eyebrows in worry. She always tells us about the mission she goes on. And when she doesn't, it makes me feel uneasy.

"Don't worry," Aunt Dinami said, her sweet voice telling me that she was smiling, "She knows what she's doing. Come down to eat when you're ready, okay?"

I nodded at her, getting up and walking to the bathroom.

My blindness doesn't stop me from navigating through the house. I can sense when there is an object in front of me, so I don't walk into them. Want to know how? The vibrations in the air. I quietly click my tongue, causing the sound vibrations to bounce off of objects and alert my super sensitive ears of objects near by.

I'm like a bat. Hehe.

But I basically have the house memorized, so there is no need for my tongue clicks.

People sometimes doubt if I'm blind when I walk around the Village, since I can swerve my way through the crowd with ease. And even without my clicking, I can sense anything or anyone before they even enter the room.

My mother says its a special gift in the place of my sight.

After doing my morning hygiene, I head downstairs to the kitchen and seated myself in front of a warm plate of food.

"Smells good, Dinami." I said as I savored the delicious scent of my breakfast.

"I hope it's as good as it taste," Dinami giggled.

"Oh, it always is." I said, taking a bite, then, without looking up from my plate, "Someone's coming."

Dinami sighed, walking to the door in the living room, "Who shall it be?"

I shrugged, even though she had already exited the kitchen, "One of them seems familiar."

I ate silently as they murmured lowly in the next room.

They must not want me to know if they're whispering. If they talked at a normal level, I could hear them.

I sighed, grabbing my glass of orange juice, and jumped off the chair to check what they were talking about.

"I wanna know!" I cheered, then stopped when a familiar chakra hit my senses, "Haiti."

I cocked my head when I felt the uneasiness in the air.

"Good morning, Nimi." My grandfather answered.

I heard Dinami sigh, "Father, I told you, we don't know where Minoka headed too."