Ch. 3 ; Scream it to the sky.

-Dinami's P.O.V-

Nimi sat in silence as I finished putting her ink black hair into a pony tail, held by a delicate white ribbon.

She has barley spoken a word since the discovery of her mothers suicide.

"What's a suicide?" She asked after a silence of Rei's words.

"Rei, this isn't funny." I said to the Hyuga with a quivering voice.

"I wish I was joking," Rei said to me, running a hand through his black hair.

"Her body was found on the outskirts of the village a few days ago," Yomi explained.

"So that automatically means she suicided?!" I exclaimed, "She could have been ambushed and--"

"She was found with a bottle of Numbing Pills," Rei interupted, "Nearly empty. They did an autopsy on her and found a large amount of it in her system. It all points to suicide."

I closed my eyes, fighting the tears while I clenched my fist, "But... that--"

"No enemy would just walk up to a person and shove pills down their throat," Yomi said, irritated, "She committed suicide, Dinami. Deny it all you want."

I stared at the Hyuga, biting the side of my lip, "Why would she ever..?" I whispered as tears spilled from my eyes.

"I don't like the feel of the room." Nimi mumbled, "What's a suicide?"

We all stared silently at the blind girl. Her heart will break into tiny pieces in just a few moments. There's nothing I can do to protect her from that..

"Stop staring at me and answer." she scowled.

Yomi gave a small laugh, "Here's a quick grammar lesson, kid."

"Yomi," Rei warned.

"What? She wants to know." Yomi shrugged, "Might as well tell the girl."

Rei said nothing more and allowed him to continue.

Yomi cracked his fist and walked over to Nimi, "All right kid," he knelt in front of her, making her step back with a frown, "Suicide: The action of killing ones self intentionally."

"Would you like something to eat, Nimi?" I asked after I set the brush down, "You haven't touched your tea."

Nimi hesitated before slowly handing me her full cup of tea, "I'm fine, Dinami."

I took it, worry wrinkling my forehead, "Are you sure? You haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon. It's not good to skip dinner and breakfast."

"Neither is suicide,"

My eyes widened at her remark. Her absent vision trailed to the window, "But people do it anyway."

I stared at the back of her head with a shocked expression before frowning, "Nimi, that is very disrespectful."

She sighed before mumbling something under her breath.

"Excuse me?"

"..I want to be alone, Dinami."

I wanted to say more referring to her comment, but ended up sighing and headed towards the door, "We'll be leaving in an hour to talk to the Korami council about your mothers death, are you going to want anything to eat before then?"

I stared her from the door as she slowly shook her head, making her ponytail sway with the motion. I stared down at the ground as I made my way from her room to the kitchen down stairs.