The Hogwarts Express

"Hey, Ron."
"Hey, Faye."
The twins stepped into the compartment.
"So, we're going down the middle of the train - Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there." Said George.
"Right." Ron mumbled.
"Faye, would you like to erm, come with us it's supposed to be excellent. Jordan supposes that it'll get taken away if he's caught with it." Said Fred
"I'm good I have a little fear of spiders actually." Faye said. Ron looked at Faye.
"Oh, okay. Harry, did we introduce ourselves? Fred and George Weasley. And this is Ron, our little brother. See you later then." The twins waved goodbye.
"Bye." Said Harry.
"Are you really Harry Potter?" Ron blurted out without thinking twice.
Harry nodded.
"So, are all your family wizards?" Harry asked all of them.
"Yeah, I'm a pureblood, but I don't hate muggles like some other purebloods." Faye said
"I think all my family is wizards, but I think my Mum's got a second cousin who's an accountant, but we never talk about him." Said Ron.
Harry and Ron looked at Inferius for his reply.
"I don't know about my family. I don't know anything about my Mum because I've never met her and my father..." Harry looked at Inferius curiously. "Well I don't know about my Father's parents. All I know is that my grandfather's last name must have been Riddle." No one talked.
"I heard you went to live with Muggles," Ron asked Harry breaking the silence. "What are they like?"
"Horrible - well, not all of them. My aunt and uncle and cousin are, though." Harry looked at Ron "Wish I'd had three wizard brothers."
"Five," Said Ron. Faye looked at him and he looked gloomy. "I'm the sixth in our family to go to Hogwarts. You could say I've got a lot to live up to. Bill and Charlie have already left - Bill was head boy and Charlie was captain of Quidditch. Now Percy's a prefect. Fred and George mess around a lot, but they still get really good marks and everyone thinks they're really funny. Everyone expects me to do as well as the others, but if I do, it's no big deal, because they did it first. You never get anything new, either, with five brothers. I've got Bill's old robes, Charlie's old wand, and Percy's old rat."
Ron pulled out a fat grey rat from the inside of the jacket he was wearing. The rat was either dead or in a deep sleep.
"His name's Scabbers and he's useless, he hardly ever wakes up. Percy got an owl from my dad for being made a prefect, but they couldn't aff- I mean, I got Scabbers instead."
Ron looked away embarrassed. His ears went pink.
"I actually didn't know I had money myself. I used to always have to wear my cousin's old clothes. I also never got real birthday presents, only my uncle's old socks and other items like that. And until Hagrid told me, I didn't know anything about being a wizard or about my parents or Voldemort-"
Ron gasped.
"What?" Said Harry confused. Faye's looked at him shocked.
"You said You-Know-Who's name!" Said Ron, wide eyed, sounding both shocked and impressed. "I'd have thought you, out of all people-"
"Yeah, I agree with Ron. The person that killed the Dark lord saying his name. You must be brave. Not even deatheaters say his name." At the last sentence Inferius put his left arm out of sight even though his dark mark was covered up by his robe sleeves. Faye noticed that Ron was looking at Inferius curiously.
"I'm not trying to be brave or anything, saying his name, I just never knew you shouldn't." Said Harry. "See what I mean? I've got loads to learn... I bet," He added sounding worried about the topic, "I bet I'm the worst in the class."
"Don't worry, you won't be." Said Faye. Ron nodded.
"Yeah, there's loads of people who come from Muggle families and they learn quick enough."
They talked about what they did during the Summer and before they knew it they were going out of London. They sat quietly looking at the long fields and lanes as they went by.
A little while after twelve there was noises coming from outside in the corridor and a kind plump woman slid open their door and said "Anything off the cart, dears?"
Harry jumped up apparently very hungry. Faye got up also to look at what the cart offered.
"I'll take a Chocolate Frog, a Pumpkin Pasty, and a Cauldron Cake." Faye said to the woman. She paid the woman 16 knuts and sat down to see Inferius and Ron looking wide-eyed at Harry. Faye turned around to see Harry with what seemed to be the whole cart.
"Woah, need help?" Asked Faye. Harry nodded. They sat the treats in an extra seat.
"Hungry, are you?"
"Starving." Harry replied. Trying a pumpkin pasty.
Ron took out a package and unwrapped it. Inside were four sandwiches which he took apart and said, "She always forgets I don't like corned beef." Faye handed Inferius the Cauldron Cake knowing that it was his favorite.
"Swap you for one of these," Said Harry who was holding up a pasty to Ron. "Go on-"
"You don't want this, it's all dry, she hasn't got much time, you know, with the six of us."
"Go on, have a pasty," Said Harry. Ron finally gave in and Harry even got Faye and Inferius to help with all the treats. Harry asked about some treats and when they got to the Chocolate Frogs, Ron and Faye explained that each Chocolate Frog comes with a collectable card.
"So this is Dumbledore!" Said Harry looking at a card. Faye looked at Harry's card and sure enough it was Albus Dumbledore's card.
Harry mumbled under his breath while he read the card. When he was done he flipped the card back to where the moving picture of Dumbledore should have been.
"He's gone!"
"Well, you can't expect him to hang around all day," Said Ron. He looked over at Harry's stack of Chocolate Frogs.
"Help yourself, but in, you know, the Muggle world, people just stay put in photos."
After a while they started daring each other to try some different Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. Even Inferius started to feel more comfortable around Harry
After a while the fields were replaced by woods and twisting rivers.
Someone knocked on the door and a boy that looked as if he had been crying stepped in.
"Sorry, but have you seen a toad at all?"
They shook their heads and he burst out crying, "I've lost him! He keeps getting away from me!"
"He'll turn up," Said Harry.
"Yes," Said the boy wiping a tear from his eye. "Well, if you see him..."
He left the compartment.
Ron said that he would show them a spell that would turn Scabbers yellow to make him more exciting so he grabbed his very battered - looking wand.
Right when he was about to show them the spell the compartment door slid open again. The boy was back but this time a girl was with him.
"Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one," she said to the four of them. She was talking in a bossy voice and her hair was big and bushy.
"We've already told him we haven't seen it," Said Ron. The girl didn't listen. She was to focused on his wand that was still in his hand.
"Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see it, then."
She sat down across from Ron.
"Er- all right." Ron said then cleared his throat.
"Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow." He waved his wand and nothing happend.
"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it? I tried a few simple-" but Faye wasn't paying attention and thought the girl was being very bossy and the kind of girl that would criticize everything.
The girl ended up leaving and Faye asked them the question that has been driving her crazy, "Do you know know what house you'll be in?"
"I'm most likely to be in Gryffindor. That's the house all my brothers were in, but I don't suppose Ravenclaw would be too bad, but imagine if they put me in Slytherin."
"That's the house Vol-, I mean, You-Know-Who was in?"
"Yeah, most of my family has been put in Slytherin but I don't know what house I'll be in."
"What's your Quiditch team?" Asked Ron.
"I guess I would go with the Holyhead Harpies. I like their style." Said Faye.
Inferius shrugged in response. He didn't know much about quiditch and wasn't good at flying his broom at home. He would rather stay in his room at the Manor and read or draw.
"I don't - erm - know any." Said Harry.
"What!" Ron looked at Faye who was also shocked. "Oh, you wait, it's the best game in the world-"
Faye and Ron explained Quidditch to Harry. All about brooms, the seven players and what they do, the four balls, and all the rules. Faye and Ron even told each other what kind of things they have at home to play with.
"I have a Cleansweep seven at home that my father bought me last month. He also bought a Quaffle for me and my brother from a professional Quiditch match." Said Faye.
Ron looked away as if he was ashamed of something. But then someone came in the compartment. It was Draco, but he didn't seem to see Faye. All of the attention was on Harry.
"Is it true?" Said Draco. "They're saying all down the train that Harry Potter's in this compartment. So it's you, is it?"
"Yes," Said Harry. There were two boys behind Draco that Faye remembered as two of Draco's friends.
"Oh, this is Crabbe and this is Goyle," Said Draco, introducing the boys to Harry. "And my name's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."
Ron coughed but Faye wasn't focused on that.
Draco was being very bossy. He never acted like that in front of Faye. He was only protective and caring towards her. Draco looked at Ron.
"Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask who you are. My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freackles, and more children than they can-" Faye cleared her throat making Draco realize who was in the compartment.
"Oh, Faye, I thought you would be sitting with the other Weasley." He turned to Harry. "You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. It seems my sister has already made a friend with the other sort, but I can help you there."
Draco held out his hand to shake Harry's. Harry looked at his hand, to Faye, to Ron, then back to the hand waiting to be shaken as if he didn't know what to do.
"Leave him alone Draco, he can be friends with anyone he wants." Faye said. Draco slowly put his hand down.
"I'd be careful if I were you, Faye. Unless you come with me, father will hear about you hanging around people like them." At his last word he looked at the boys in the compartment. Then he realized that Inferius was there also.
"Inferius, you too? Hanging out with the boy that put your father down?" Draco asked Inferius.
Harry looked at Inferius probably wondering who his father could be, but then it hit him. Harry jumped up away from the embarrassed Inferius.
"He has a son?" Harry asked Ron.
"I didn't think so." Said Ron wide-eyed.
"Yes, he does. Inferius, here, has a twin sister also. So, I hope you have a great school year, Potter, but it would be better spent with the right sort." Draco held out his hand again.
"I think I'm good now, thanks." Said Harry. Draco looked dumbstruck.
"Okay, if you insist, Potter, but you better watch yourself." Draco sneered. "Inferius, it seems you're not welcome here. Come on, let's go."
"He can stay." Harry said shortly. Faye looked at Harry shocked.
"Fine, be like that. Crabbe, Goyle, let's go." Draco turned around and was face-to-face with the girl that Faye ignored earlier.
No one said anything until Harry said "Hi, Hermione."
Draco finally moved out of the way so Hermione could pass but his eyes were still on her.
"Malfoy, does it bother you that Hermione here is a muggle born?" Asked Ron noticing that Draco was staring at her.
"Muggle born..." He looked at Hermione then turned around and left.
"Oh, umm, we are nearly there. You should get your robes on." Hermione was still sounding bossy but was smiling the whole time. She left also.
Harry and Ron put their Hogwarts robes over their clothes and seconds later they heard a loud echoing voice saying "We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes' time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately."
Faye looked at the boys in the compartment. They all had scared expressions that they were trying to hide but it wasn't working. Faye fed ZouZou and made sure all of her stuff was nice and neat.
They went joined the crowd in the corridor as the train slowed to a stop. Loads of students were pushing their way out of the train onto the tiny, dark platform.
Faye felt the cold breeze on her face and knew she was almost there. To her dream school. Hogwarts.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 11, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Faye Malfoy and the Boy Who Livedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें