VII

I can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand, felt so good in it, no bigger than a minute. How it amazes me, you're changing with every blink. Faster than a flower blooms they grow up all too soon.
•••
🔹💒🔹

"Do you know what today is, Bea?"

The little girl looks up to Tyler with her mix matched eyes as she babbles none- sense with every breath.

"It's Mother's Day, angel," Tyler chuckles as he picks up his babygirl from her crib. Her little chubby hands making grabby hands as he does so.

Tyler wipes a little bit of slobber from her mouth as he presses a kiss to her forehead, "let's go call uncle Pete and Patrick."

He walks to their living room where he balances Bea on his right hip and holds the landline in his left hand.

"Pete! We are going to go see Jenna and take her flowers for Mother's Day. Would you and Patrick like to join us? I think Bea misses her Uncle Pete."

Tyler carefully places the phone to the side of his babygirl's head and watches in awe as his little angel squeals happily as Pete talks to her through the phone.

Tyler brings the phone back to his own ear as he balances little Bea back on his hip, "she's excited to see you."

"We'll meet you at the place," Tyler says as he looks down at his little Bea. Her eyes are wide as she keeps making grabby hands at the phone.

Tyler doesn't use words like 'grave' around his little angel; she's too innocent in his opinion. He'll eventually have to when she gets older, but right now he doesn't want her to hear any negative word; she's too precious.

Tears roll down Bea's eyes as little sobs escape her lips. She's leaning trying to grab the phone as Tyler pulls her away from it.

"Now, Bea, don't cry. We're going to go see uncle Pete and mommy right now. Let's go get you some clean clothes on," Tyler coos as he runs a finger through her thin hair and wipes away her tears.

🔹💒🔹

"I can't believe this little beauty queen is 11 months old," Pete says as he throws a squealing Bea into the air only to catch her and repeat his actions.

"Me either, where has the time gone?" Tyler sighs as he watches Patrick place the angel he and Pete had bought on Jenna's headstone.

"I miss her," Tyler says as he looks at the headstone with a sad smile," I can't believe she's gone."

Pete gives a sad smile as he balances Bea on his hip, "everything happens for a reason right? Isn't that what you've always said?"

"Yeah, but I just don't understand why this had to happen? Why he had to take her," Tyler shrugs as he fights back tears.

"Hey, don't cry. You're doing an amazing job at raising little Bea. She'd be so proud of how good of a father you are," Pete says as he sits down on the grown out, green grass surrounding them.

"You're right," Tyler says as he watches Bea pull at Pete's cheeks and squeal, "When are you two going to get kids?"

Patrick sighs as he looks down at his husband and Bea, then back to Tyler, "soon we hope."

Pete nods with a huge smile as he keeps a close eye on Bea as she crawls around and smashes wild flowers growing under her chubby hands.

They all watch her in silence as she squeals and smashes more flowers under her little hands and knees.

"She's so cute," Pete says as he has his hands outstretched; ready to stop her if she wanders to far.

"Takes it after her momma," Tyler says with a shrug as his little angel watches a butterfly flutter past her.

All of a sudden she pushes herself up onto her feet and takes three wobbly steps as she chases the butterfly, but loses her balance and falls on her butt.

Pete jumps up and runs after her with a shocked Tyler close behind.

She starts to cry as Tyler picks her up and smiles down at his little angel as she lets tears escape her pretty little eyes.

"Don't cry pretty girl. You just took your first steps," Tyler says with tears of happiness in his eyes.

"Your mommy got to see you take your first steps, angel. Everyone got to see you take your first steps," Tyler says through his tears as Pete and Patrick pull the two into a bear hug.

"Mama," Bea's gentle voice rings through all of their ears.

Tyler pulls back from the hug as he looks into his little Bea's mix matched eyes in shock.

"What did you say, angel?" Tyler whispers with more tears gathering in his eyes as Pete and Patrick look just as stunned.

"Mama," Bea squeals with a laugh as she claps her hands in Tyler's face.

Tyler holds his babygirl closer as he lets sobs escape his mouth.

"It's about time our little girl started talking," Pete says with a wide smile as he holds a crying Patrick.

"Our little Bea is so smart and beautiful, Jenna," Tyler says through tears as he holds his baby girl to his chest.

"So smart."
🔹💒🔹
A/N
I know 11 months is a little late for Bea to say her first word, but it can be perfectly normal for babies to choose to stay silent.

Thoughts on Bea's first word being "momma?" It personally broke my heart and fixed it back up all at once.

Uncle Pete and Bea makes my heart hurt so good.

👽Stay • Alive💀

-Becca🌻