Pregnancy

Being married to James Kirk, captain of the Enterprise, was never easy. You were currently pregnant and on a five year mission in space. Sure, you were only 4 weeks into the pregnancy. And Jim hadn't found out yet. You had the pregnancy tests, all three of them, ready to show your husband.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jiiiiiiiim!" You whined, walking over to his chair on the Bridge.

"(YYYYY/NNNNN)!" He whined your name in response.

"U-Uh," You started nervously. "Here." You handed him the pregnancy tests. (Who knows why they had them on the ship in the first place.) He took them from your hand and stared at them, before giving you a look you couldn't identify and walking out of the room. You sat in his chair, putting your head in your hands.

"I'm sorry, Jim." You apologized. You didn't know what was going to happen.

Was he going to leave you?

Was he going to leave you for someone else?

You sighed and stood up, walking to your room. You laid down on your bed, hoping to wake up next to your adoring and loving husband, knowing this was all a bad dream.

~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up the next morning alone, learning that Jim had slept on the floor in Chekov's room, (much to his dismay) rather than in your shared room. You had been married for five years. Was it really a big deal if you had a child now? Your child was going to be born in space. That's gonna be a story to tell the grandchildren later. You couldn't tell the gender of the baby this early in the pregnancy, but you had names picked out. Now all you needed to do was run it by your husband.

If your baby was a boy, you were going to name it Thomas Tiberius Kirk.

If your baby was a girl, you were going to name is Nova Imogen Kirk.

You sighed and placed a hand in your belly.

"Just me and you now, baby." You said. Just as you said that, Bones and Chekov walked into the room.

"Vhat?" Pavel asked, a confused look on his face. Bones didn't look surprised at all. You looked at the two, hand still resting on your slightly swollen belly.

"Uh," You chuckled nervously. "I'm pregnant." You said. Bones smiled, still not surprised. Pavel looked overjoyed at the news, though it was not his child. He ran to your bedside, standing next to you.

"May I?" He asked. You nodded. He placed a hand in your belly, even though he wasn't going to be able to feel anything. His smile broadened. You smiled softly at his childishness. Bones was the next to speak.

"How far?"

"Four weeks." You responded. He smiled. You heard another knock at the door.

"Come in," You said, scowling when Kirk walked in the room. Chekov quickly moved away from you, going back to his position next to Bones.

"What do you want?" You asked your husband.

"We-- I'm sending you back to the academy." He said. You were shocked at his news.

"No." You said simply.

"No?" He asked. "What do you mean no?"

"I mean no, James. I'm not going back to the academy and I'm not leaving the Enterprise." You said, standing your ground.
"Too bad. Space, unexplored and uncharted space, to be exact, is too dangerous for a pregnant woman and unborn child." He said. You scoffed.

"Not like you want this child," You said, recalling the interaction you two had yesterday. Regret and guilt crossed Jim's handsom features.

"I'm just worried for you and the baby. I don't want either of you getting hurt. Believe me, I want this child more than anything. That's why I'm sending you back to the academy. So neither of you get hurt." He said.